For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
dadret's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, July 10th, 2013 11:06 PM

cant send email from windows live mail

I finally got my email account set up in Windows Live Mail following the instructions I found on this site.  I can receive mail but can't send any.  I get the error message "your server has unexpectedly shut down etc" with an Error Message 0x800CCCOF, socket error 10053.  According to Microsoft's web site the error code means "connection terminated" with no further explanation (duh!!).  Not sure if this is a factor but I retained my old email account from Surewest until I completely make the transition.  I can send and receive email from the AT&T mail site with no problem.  I just want to use Windows Live for a while longer.

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Try looking at this document for step by step set up: https://getsocial.att.com/docs/DOC-1119

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

11 years ago

Hey, dadret

Just checking up on your post. The document that beebeesa attached has some great information that should help resolve this issue. Feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance, and we'll be glad to help you. Thank you! Smiley Happy

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

Thats the way I set it up but I'm using Windows 8 and Windows Live mail.  It still doesn't work so I think I'll just change to AT&T mail after I get all my contacts changed and notified.  Thanks

David

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

Hi I am unable to open your link. I have a problem sending emails. I use att.net account on my outlook.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.