Protect yourself online
kwood1118's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, March 11th, 2019 9:41 PM

Closed

Can't download AT&T Security Suite powered by McAffee

I get a message stating that I am ineligible for this download. However, I AM eligible, and have verified this with ATT.

The things I've already tried per request thru online chat with ATT:

uninstalled previous version of McAffee and rebooted computer

installed Mozilla Firefox, and tried thru that browser

Any other ideas?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

What browser did you use when it worked for you? I just get cant process this request every time I try.

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Chrome and Safari

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

My issue is solved

Tutor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

How was it solved?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I hadn’t set up my att email
As soon as I did that everything worked

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I kept getting the same error message thinking it was some kind of problem with my user ID because I knew I should be qualified to have the service given my internet pkg of 1000mb. When I set up my account I used a non-AT&T email and I was told that I did not have to set up my AT&T email and that my user id for the account could be set up with the email I wanted. That being said, I did not know I could not download the security suite and I could not stream from the AT&T Uverse app without an at&t email account. The error message always made it sound like I was inputting the wrong user ID for my account which I wasn’t. I went back into my account login using the “smarthome manager” app which was the only app of AT&T’s I was able to login using my account ID. In the account section it said something about “finishing set up” for the account and in that process there was some little blurb about how if I wanted to use third-party apps that I needed to have an AT&T email as my “access ID” and then I would use my same password as my main account for it. I created an AT&T email account. I then made sure my prior Mcafee trial which expired was uninstalled off my computer. Using my Microsoft edge browser I went to att website and used new att email i created to log into my account and used my same password i already set up. Then I could use the links to go through motions of downloading Mcafee w/out that pesky error message. Hope this helps someone avoid frustration. I have no preference for Microsoft Edge browser it was just the browser I had access to on new computer so just FYI.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

NOVEMBER 3, 2019 - SAME PROBLEM, can't download the Internet Suite. No different from the crappy Uverse app that NEVER works on my iphone X - NOTHING of real technology seems to work with the AT&T uverse products. I can't access Uverse on Mac or PC either - rather sad. I know we are paying for the internet security, but instead I have to download FREE software since AT&T can't provide what is supposed to be a "benefit"! Angry and aggravated...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem for me and i have the 50 mb service.  I spent 45 minutes on the phone and chat with no fix.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I'm also on a 300Mbps (fiber) line, and I can 't download either. I've been trying for quite a while, every month or so, but no download happening. I get an error message to contact AT&T. How frustrating!

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I also have same issue cannot download McAfee have 300MBPS service, and have set up my att email. Was on the chat support for over an hour then on phone support for about 3 hours. I am going to send att internet support a link to dmmartinez821 solution with multiple id as that seems to be most similar.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.