Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Apr 28, 2019 6:05 AM

Cannot log in to yahoo email account.

I have not been able to log in to my yahoo account for a month now. Every time I try to log in it gives the error " sorry we don't recognize that account. 

For reference, it is a legacy account sbcglobal.net

I have tried different browsers, applications ( computer and phone) but nothing works. I tried to e-mail yahoo support but they are worthless. 

When I spoke to support they gave me ATT support's number to contact them, I was able to change my password for att.net but was unable to log in to yahoo mail still. 

I believe it is an error on yahoos side but I am unable to even find my account looking at yahoo's website. 

Has anyone had any experience with this? 

Responses

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

2 years ago

For reference, it is a legacy account sbcglobal.net

Then it's an att legacy account and not part of yahoo (at least not any more).  Log into att, not yahoo to use it.  Go to start.att.net and click the mail icon in the upper right to log into the webmail (or click it's mail icon and then log in).  If you cannot log in then change it's password (e.g., Forgot ID/Password) as recommended by the announcement to the right of your first post.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

If it was that easy I would have figured it out already brother.

Appreciate the input.

However, I already tried that and to no avail. I'm able to log into att.com
and manage my account change password etc, but when I click on mail it
sends me to Yahoo. And the before mentioned error pops up.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

a year ago

I have a similar problem. Neither AT&T or Yahoo can access my email account. Each one says the other one should be able to help me. So frustrating.

Get started...

Ask a new question