Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Get to the head of the class with our Back to School deals!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Oct 26, 2016 10:27 PM

Blocked Domain, Email or IP address Questions and Discussion

Hi, I'm the syadmin of an ESP.   For some reason most of our users with ATT email addresses are unable to receive emails from the system.  We've tried numerous times reporting the issue to ATT blocks, however the issue still exists and our users are getting frustrated.  Can you help please?   

This is the ATT error message from our email server.  We use Elastic Email as our Email service provider.  They believe you are blocking our domain for some reason, as they have already moved us to another ip. 

Here's an example of the error we are getting:

553 5.3.0 alph154 DNSBL:RBL 521<64.159.65.119 >_is_blocked.For information send an email to abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

This affects most of the IPs in our netblock (64.159.65.0/24) but not all.  

We've reported this many times now and gotten no reply. It's been over a month.  We've gone through every remediation step listed here:

http://rbl.att.net/block_inquiry.html

Filled out the form here a number of times:

http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi

We emailed:

abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net

I tried this form as well:

http://rbl.att.net/end_user_request2.html

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Dan

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I submitted the forms for a client 2-3 business days ago.

I have not hear back from your support.

The client sends from their internal Exchange server - however, none of the SPAM blacklists in the world lists them.

Their reverse DNS lookup, SPF record, mail server name, etc all look fine. We had them send email to MultiRBL test sight, which analyzes the structure of the email, and it looks fine.

How can we move forward on resolving this blocking?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hi,

I work for a graduate program and we are getting messages from perspective students who say ATT is blocking our site.  The apparently have ATT Internet service - other students are having no problems.  This has happened before - may be intermittent.  I am just beginning to process of trying to figure out how to proceed and would like advice about who to call first.  Our host?  ATT?  

Thanks,

TIES_site

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.4K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @TIES_site 

Please see the links on top of this thread to get started. Yo might need to ask your hosting company to look into this issue, as in many cases they're the only ones who can work with AT&T on those issues.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

My domain has been blacklisted by AT&T.  I  have entered several requests via http://att.net/blocks  to have my IP removed from this list but have received not response.  We are currently unable to send email to any domain managed by AT&T, specifically bellsouth.net and att.net.  How can I get us removed from the list?  We aren't on any other blacklists.  I've also contacted 'abuse_rbl@abuse-att.net' for a status and help but have received no response from them either.

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.4K Messages

6 years ago

Hi @ezpz2014 

Please send us a private message by clicking here, and our team will be happy to look into your issue and help.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

So I've been dealing with this issue for close to 6 months now. For some reason at some point AT&T email servers started rejecting mail from our servers. So essentially no on in our organization can send an email to anyone with an att.net email address. We get the same 521 DNRRBL sbc:blacklist.mailrelay.att.net error that a lot of other people in this thread have had. Here's what I've gone through so far:

1. Sent 5+ removal forms through att.net/blocks - never have I had any type of replay from this.

2. Began to call AT&T - big mistake. I've talked to managers in about 10 different departments and have spent close to 100 hours on the phone with AT&T so far over these past 6 months. I've been transferred to around 10 different departments and talked to them all at least 5 times. Here are some of the departments: AT&T Small Business, AT&T UVerse & DSL, AT&T Web Hosting, AT&T Web Assistance Center, AT&T Internet Services, AT&T Security, AT&T Retention, Yahoo Small Business, Yahoo Email Services, AT&T Email Services (cannot actually talk to anyone on the phone in this department).

3. Coordinated with my domain host to begin sending AT&T all the reports they asked for (5+ different tests they wanted). This was especially difficult because it's hard enough to talk to one of them without being on hold forever, much less both.

4. Moved our domain to a new IP (which required buying a dedicated IP address).

5. Paid AT&T 360 a $100 fee to try to resolve the issue.

So I am at a point now where I am seriously considering changing all of our web presence and even our domain name. I don't want to do this because we spent a lot of money to buy a 4-letter domain name. And I know this would end up costing thousands of dollars in costs of transferring our entire web presence and all the outlets we have. Can someone please just remove this. I'm a system administrator and can do this in about 30 seconds...unfortunately, I don't work at AT&T and don't have access to their servers to be able to do this, but believe me, this is a very simple fix in terms of the individuals.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hello,

I have submitted several unblock requests for our domain, but no one has gotten back to me, and I submitted them a week ago.

Can someone help me?

Block message received: 

<[edited for privacy – please do not post personal information]>: host frf-mailrelay2.att.net[ ] said:
  blocked by ldap:ou=rblmx,dc=att,dc=net 550 Error -
Blocked for abuse. See http://att.net/blocks (in reply to MAIL FROM
command)

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I also have been waiting for several weeks for a response from AT&T. I have filled out several on-line requests, sent emails and even attempted to call. I would appreciate it if someone would release our IP address so that my company may do business as normal. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I never get a reply back from AT&T on my request to be removed from the block list. I have tried for a couple weeks now and all emails to ATT are blocked.

Who do I contact to get this going? I've sumitted many requests to be unblocked but nothing happens.

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.4K Messages

6 years ago

Hello @okellymk 

Please send us a private message by clicking here, and our team will be happy to look into this issue for you and help with whatever we can! Please include your full name, phone number, and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

A client of ours is having an issue sending emails to anyone from AT&T. We have filled out the form at [http://rbl.att.net/cgi-bin/rbl/block_admin.cgi] several times but we have yet to hear back from AT&T on the matter. Our client, like many others here, has no issues with any other company or blacklist. I have also tried calling AT&T support but haven't had any luck getting this issue resolved. Please let me know who I need to speak to on this matter. Thanks.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

kevin.cgmyes

Did you get anywhere with this request?  I also have filled out multiple requests to be delisted.  Why is it only AT&T makes it this difficult to resolve this type of issue?!  How do I really go about getting delilsted as filling out the form doesn't really do anything?  I really wish they would remove the text that they (AT&T) will respond within 48 hours with an email because everyone here knows they will not.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Look at ATTDmitriyCM's message. Click the highlighted here and send them a message, they resolved my issue after I did that.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

6 years ago

I finally did get my IP cleared. I posted a compliant on the AT&T facebook page and got an reply from someone there. Filling out the info on the link they provide got me nowhere.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

I have done multiple "unblock" submissions over the past ten days, and have received no replies from AT&T . I am now receiving notices from my customers who are leaving our e-mail services because they can not send e-mails to their own customers that use various ATT-serviced e-mail services.

I need ATT to respond ASAP and stop my hemoraging customers!  

Get started...

Ask a new question