Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
J

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 6:12 PM

Bellsouth.net email in Windows LiveMail 2012 won't recognize password

I set up my Bellsouth.net email in Windows LiveMail 2012. I'm sure my settings are all correct. But I consistently the message below.

I have successfully set up my yahoo.com email and my business' Outlook email in LiveMail.

I am able to access my Bellsouth.net account emails when I login to ATT/Yahoo.com in browser.

I have changed passwords a number of times and have synched up my Microsoft, Yahoo and LiveMail passwords.

I have searched many, many forums to no avail.

Please Help!!!

Error message I receive is as follows:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Bellsouth (johndona) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive messages, you'll be asked to enter your user name and password for this account.

Server Error: 0x800CCC90
Server Response: -ERR [SYS/TEMP] Server error - Please try again later.
Server: 'pop.mail.yahoo.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC92
Protocol: POP3
Port: 995
Secure(SSL): Yes

Responses

• 

4 Messages

a month ago

I received an email from ATT Automated Mailbox supposedly from Linda Timberlake of ATT Support advising me to call "our Live technician on 
844-500-4356" to address the problem. I talked to a "technician" named Rahul Sharma who wanted me to install AnyDesk program to give him access to my computer. I declined for obvious reasons. He didn't offer any alternative solution to me.

Is this a legitimate Support line?

Get started...

Ask a new question