Need to update email settings?
V

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, April 1st, 2021 9:34 PM

Closed

Automatic Email Forwarding

Does anyone know how to set up an AT&T email account to forward to another email address. I’m beyond frustrated with customer service.  And when I finally spoke to a person she didn’t know what it was and transferred me to IT tech which ended up being sales. All I need to know is how to forward this email to another address. Please help me. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have gone through multiple settings both at ATT.com and in the Yahoo! platform. I can’t seem to find a way. But for my actual Yahoo email account I can do it (if I upgrade to pro that is). But at least I know where to go if that’s what I wanted to do. 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

I believe at the end of last year, Yahoo made "Forwarding" a premium e-mail account feature.  AT&T isn't paying Yahoo to provide Premium Yahoo E-mail Account features, so the ability to exercise that option has apparently gone away for AT&T e-mail customers.

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

OK. I honestly was thinking that there was a chance that that would be the case but I can’t even see how to upgrade to the paid service even though I think that’s ridiculous since I pay through AT&T already. In my yahoo email I can see how to upgrade to the pro service. But in my AT&T account  I can’t find the option to. Do you happen to know How to do that? I am actually willing to pay a little extra to accomplish what I’m trying to accomplish. At least for the time being.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

I do not know if an AT&T address can be converted to a premium Yahoo e-mail.  (UPDATE: I tried the only way I can see to do it, and this was the result:

We're sorry, but your account is not eligible for this subscription. Please sign in using another Yahoo account to continue your transaction.

)

I decided after my first ISP switch to quit using ISP-provided email addresses in favor of hotmail/aol/gmail/yahoo type addresses so that I'm not at the mercy of the ISP.

Of course, I'm still at the mercy of the e-mail provider...

Some tools can pull the e-mail out of your at&t/e-mail mailbox for you, rather than have to forward them.  See

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/use-gmail-read-yahoo-mail-46217.html

for a Gmail option.  But, Gmail thinks of this as a transition to Gmail (from https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289#settings):

To give you time to tell your friends about your new Gmail address, we'll forward messages sent to your other account for 30 days. We'll display your new Gmail address for 60 days, or until you delete the reminder.

which may not be your intent.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thank you. I’ll check these out. My intent is to fully migrate to gmail as my main email but I know it will take a little time to get all my things switched over.  I just felt it would be easier to do that as new things come in to one location, to see what I really need or don’t need.  I have several emails that I’m trying to consolidate and move to one.  Multiple emails is too much to keep up with.  

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

3 years ago

The process described above lets Gmail log in to your yahoo mail and retrieve it (you'll probably need to get a Secure Mail Key to use as your password) and store it in your Gmail.  It appears that it will then will keep pulling it periodically for two months, so that would give you a two month transition period.

ACE - Guru

• 

9.9K Messages

2 years ago

Moving this thread to the Email forum.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.