Announcements
You Could WIN A Year Of Wireless Service – Learn More!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Aug 1, 2015 5:45 PM

Att/Yahoo Merged Email Problem

I have a merged att/yahoo account. when i first got ATT DSL, i did this and it was set so the sender name on my ATT account was my real name and my sender name on my Yahoo account was my alias. this is how i want it.  now (I have no idea when it changed), it is showing my alias for BOTH accounts in the sender name.  This is not what I want. I have no idea when it changed, but people are sending my emails to spam because of it. when i click the gear and go to settings, it ONLY allows me to change my Yahoo account. changes made DO NOT affect my ATT email. Is there a resolution? ATT will not let me unmerge the accounts so my only option is to leave ATT and go to one of their competitors.  I am very unhappy about this!!  I tried to post this question earlier, but it didn't show up. sorry if it ends up a duplicate post. I pay over $100/month for my internet so I expect ATT to rectify this

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

lem3

Guru

• 

450 Messages

5 years ago

1. Click the little "gear" at the upper right of the mail window
  2. From the dropdown list click "Settings"
  3. From the left menu, click "Accounts"
  4. Click the "Edit" button at the upper right.  Do NOT click the "Edit your account info" link. (Yes, terrible user interface design.)
  5. Change the "Sending Name" as desired.
  6. Save, Save

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

davidbk

Administrator

• 

338 Messages

5 years ago

Learn all about merged AT&T and Yahoo email IDs Learn more about merged email IDs, and how to determine if you have one, at About merged AT&T and Yahoo email IDs.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

As I said in my initial complaint, THIS METHOD DOES NOT WORK
lem3

Guru

• 

450 Messages

5 years ago

When you select Settings -> Accounts, does the top line on the right say "att.net account" or something "yahoo"-related?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I am not sure what you mean by "top line on the right"
When I go to Settings>Account, I see a menu on the left and in the center pane is says "Email Accounts" and below that it says "Primary att.net" and my Yahoo email address next to that.  If I click that account, I can ONLY make changes to the Yahoo account, not my ATT account.
lem3

Guru

• 

450 Messages

5 years ago

The image below is what I see in Settings -> Accounts.  The "Edit" button next to "att.net account" is where I change the Sending Name.

I checked my free Yahoo email account and the screen there is quite similar.  You're saying your window doesn't match this?

ATT_Account_Settings.JPG

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

My screen does not look like that

11.png

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

if i click the account, i see this

12.png

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I was able to fix it by changing my mail to "basic" 

then it alloowed me access to the ATT account settings

What a joke

thanks for trying

no idea why I've stayed with ATT for so many years...

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

This is the same problem that I have just encountered, only it is with my sbcglobal.net account.  How do I change my email to basic, if that is the only way to get back the edit screen I need.  (It was there before.  ATT apparently did some sort of upgrade that screwed up my account.)

lem3

Guru

• 

450 Messages

5 years ago

Click the little gear at the upper right of the mail screen

Click "Settings"

You should be in the "Viewing Mail" screen, if not select that

At the bottom right should be options for "Full featured" and "Basic".

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Thank you!  That appears to have switched my user names back to the way they were.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

At some point in the past, my Yahoo account became merged with my AT&T account.  Now when I attempt to change my Yahoo password, I'm taken to AT&T site.  Which in turn doesn't recognize my merged Yahoo account.  When I call AT&T, they say it isn't merged.    

I even tried to delete my Yahoo account just to get rid of the problem.  They displayed a message telling me that only AT&T can delete my account.  Help!  Is there a Yahoo support desk since AT&T says they can't help me?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What a royal mess ATT has made of my yahoo account.  I was a Yahoo user long before the un-holy alliance with ATT.  I'm trying to update my yahoo password but need to do that through ATT.  I just need to figure out which login is required to link to my yahoo account, which they forced me to do.  I have called ATT several times and they say to got to yahoo help site for assistance.  I went there and yahoo says go to ATT support to have the ISP unlink the yahoo account.  I need to unhook my yahoo account from ATT so I can change the password.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

how do you Merge my att and yahoo email?