Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.6K Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 3:56 PM

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Responses

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

For all,

I REALLY believe AT&T has NOBODY monitoring this forum.  I know I am not the only one who has noticed that there has been NO responses from AT&T regarding the concerns posted here. 

While THIS is the forum you are directed to by the link in the email I received regarding this change to post questions and comments, it appears to be nothing but a dead end.  A bone for the dog, something to pacify the disgruntled to attempt to make them think they are listening and care.  They are making money hands over fist.  You and I, if we leave, we are acceptable losses. They don't give a rats a** about us.  Actions speak louder than words and their actions speak VOLUMES.

I hope my wife has 911 on speed dial as she will need it if I EVER actually see a response to ANY of the issues raised in this thread

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

Ok maybe a bit off topic but not really.  I have been on Google/Gmail web page to find out how to move my existing Bellsouth.net emails, folders etc to their server.  I was actually surprised to find that was a help topic discussing that very subject.  Haven't had enough time to read through it all. 

In any case, off topic, I am in the central time zone and have to get up at 4:00 AM so I have to get off here and get to bed.  I know I expect a lot of activity tomorrow afternoon when I get home.  ( can't access my email at work)

ACE - Expert

• 

20.3K Messages

3 y ago

This IS a peer-to-peer forum.  I guess no one made that clear. 

Sometimes a member of the ATT Cares Team will jump in and offer some help but you can't count on that.

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

OMG.  I was about to log off to hit the sack and saw this response to the thread.  OK I bit.  Needless to say it does what AT&T normally does, run you in circles!  I followed it.  Want to know where it takes you?  It answers NO questions.  It directs you to this forum where you get NO help.

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

@skeeterintexas

Well It might HELP just a LITTLE bit if the link from the email FROM AT&T concerning this change made note of that.  IF they REALLY cared they would direct you to a forum/thread that THEY monitor.  This does NOT surprise me

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

I agree.  Yahoo mail is more disgusting than eating worms, so now I foresee them making life harder for everyone. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

The only way to solve this problem is to change services. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

Good question.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

With due respect, are you speaking of U.S. Postal mail or e-mail?   60 years ago, 1958, was not a big year for internet e-mail.  Even Al Gore knows this, and he invented the internet. 

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

3 y ago

FIX the SPAM  .  The spam from CBD is way out of hand.    Fix it.    He is in your email server.  

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Go to Google, no fee and in 3 years we've only had 3 regular e-mails that
we considered spam. Added them and haven't had any others. Once marked
spam, they don't come back.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I agree why do I have to change to google. I don’t like the way they operate. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Yes.  Yahoo's past changes have been burdensome.  Shortcuts designed for some are not what I want.  TIME RELEARNING IS NOT WHAT I need!!  The scrolling tool now opens spontaneously.  THAT IS BAD.  UNDO THAT.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

I have been a Yahoo customer for more than twenty years.  I upgrade my computer every six years.  Only then do I upgrade the O/S.  Recently I purchased a Lenovo T440s with Windows 10 installed.  When I discovered Microsoft was commandeering my bandwidth to service mandatory updates, I had my shop format the hard drive and “upgrade” to Windows 7.  I refuse to use the newest MS O/S.  I just had AT&T fiber optics installed, so I am committed to AT&T, but I do not care to upgrade the O/S or IE11.  Please permit me to download email to MS Outlook, my preferred email server.  I have an archive of .pst files going back twenty years (Windows 98).  I never use the cloud.

MarkOne

Scholar

• 

71 Messages

3 y ago

I have been one of the most vocal about all the spam - especially all of the cbd spam that we all receive. 

From my own experimenting, even though I have not resolved the influx of many spam per day, I have slightly improved my experience.

One thing I have done is go to Settings => Filters, then I deleted about 50 to 75 filters I was using for the cbd spammer.  The reason is because I think the filtering gets confused if there are so many filters, because in our efforts to try and block or move spam, it may cause conflicts against some of the filters.  By simplifying your filters, it may help the system improve.  Too many filters confuses it (in my opinion).

So, try and experiment by deleting a lot of your existing filters for the cbd spammer.  Then, only use the most logical filters you can think of, about 2 to 4, direct to Trash, Save, and see if it helps.  The goal is to try and get all of your spam to go into your Trash folder.  Spammers/Robo spammers can detect if their spam goes to trash and that confuses them and it reduces the amount of spam.

A suggestion is to first delete filters as stated above. 

Then, title a filter cbd 1.  In the From section, type cbd.  Then, select Trash as the folder you want the spam to go to.  Save. 

Then, make another filter called cbd 2.  In the From section, type cbd.  Then, check Match case.  Then, select Trash as the folder you want the spam to go to.  Save.  

Then, make another filter called cbd 3.  In all sections, type cbd.  Then, select Trash as the folder you want the spam to go to.  Save.  

Then, make another filter called cbd 4.  In all sections, type cbd.  Then, check Match case.  Then, select Trash as the folder you want the spam to go to.  Save.  

This may or may not help.  It has helped me, but it has not cured it.  Please note that I am one of the biggest haters of this spammer and I only want it resolved. 

AT&T can do more to block this spammer and I hope they do.

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.