Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.6K Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 3:56 PM

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

That's nothing, our yahoo spam count is 2,400 pieces as of today.  That is in less than 4 weeks.  We only use the yahoo account for that reason.  We use google chrome for regular e-mails have had it for almost 3 years and only had 2 pieces of stuff we considered spam, marked it as such and have never seen it again or any spam at all.  Way to go yahoo. . . .

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

HOW DO I GET STARTED?

LOOKS VERY ORGANIZED,

DONALD PAVLIK   warship1@netzero.net

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

IS THERE ANY CHARGE FOR THE CHANGE? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

My email hasn't been working for a whole month. You have apparently changed something in the settings without informing your customers. Your service is a disgrace.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

AT&T;

Not wanted, not needed...

Stop Yahoo and it's advertisement/news and other undesirable content.

I am a paying customer and am becoming tired of doing it the way you want it, not the way I want it.

Enough!

A simple mail server that works with any browser is all we need.

Regards,

AlexS.,  a multi-year customer that might not be so for much longer.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 y ago

Why do you send out these messages promising faster service?  They are lies.  I signed up for 50 megabytes and when checking speed the best I get is 20 to 30.  Getting ready to dump ART and head to Spectrum.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

How can I delete unwanted email address' from my contacts?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I have 636 spam since end of the day on  9-1...I’m tired of this and am ready to go to another provider...tech help was no help!

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

I just got off the phone (or should I more accurately say my call was dropped, imagine that), with a person saying he could provide answers concerning this issue. 

First he said that AT&T email had been moved to Google Gmail.  I said WHAT????  I told him of my history all the way back to Bell South Mobility and how it had evolved through Verison and to AT&T but my email address had never changed.  And then the decision to utilize Yahoo for email.  Now Yahoo is part of Oath. 

He then started to "walk" me through a process to access my Bellsouth.net email through the AT&T home page and Gmail.  I did every thing he said and it took me right back to the Yahoo/Oath page to accept their terms.  At that point the call got disconnected.  And even though they ask for a call-back number, they NEVER call back when a call is dropped.  And don't even think about calling THEM back as you will NEVER be able to reestablish a connection with the person you were talking to so you have to go through the WHOLE thing again, explaining to another person the issue, starting ALL over again from the beginning.

I REALLY believe they do this on purpose.  They want to discourage and frustrate people.  The more people they discourage, the fewer will call and the more they can brag about "satisfied" customers.  When in reality, dissatisfied customers have just given up, that is what they want.

PLEASE somebody tell me about an email server that respects privacy, is simple to use and I can migrate all my current email files and folders to.  I SOOOO much want to tell AT&T to shove it where the sun never shines.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

since you reject my text the way I would like to say it, then let me put it to you this way and maybe it will be clean enough for your tender little ears. I'm 65 years old and have had your service for over 45 years. you haven't got it right since the rotary phone. why do you insist on changing things? all you do is make things worse. plus, you force me to accept your changes whether I want them our not. do you know what you can't force me to do? remain a customer of yours. have a pleasant day and if I could have cursed, this message would have been loaded with what I think about your updates. did you know your emoticons don't even work?

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

@Jetmech said:

First he said that AT&T email had been moved to Google Gmail.  I said WHAT???? 

WHAT? Man Surprised  Of course I don't believe it for a second.

He then started to "walk" me through a process to access my Bellsouth.net email through the AT&T home page and Gmail.  I did every thing he said and it took me right back to the Yahoo/Oath page to accept their terms.  At that point the call got disconnected.

I would have liked to hear how that gmail trick would work for my own amusement.

Off topic, but a little FYI for you on the proper use of this forum software.  If you are going to reference a poster in a thread that is not the original poster then type an @ and you will see a popup menu showing the list of posters from the most recent poster back.   Click the name you want your posted aimed at.  That will place the name after the @ and when you post the reply cause a notification to be sent to that person so they know to look at your reply.  If you don't do that then there is no guarantee that person will ever know you directed a reply to them.  Note how I addressed the start of this post.  You should have gotten a notification about it.

I bring this up now because I just happened to look back as some previous posts in this thread and spotted post 98 which you addressed to me.  Had I not looked I would never had known about that post.  You did the same thing to another name in post 100.  No guarantee he will ever see that reply either.

TOMMEMPHIS

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 y ago

As someone who is a little older than you and retired from the AT&T Headquarters building in Nashville after 35 years, I understand exactly where you’re coming from.

The harsh reality is Verizon, owner of Yahoo/Oath is ultimately steering this ship. AT&T contracted the email service out to them BEFORE Verizon recently bought it. I’m sure Verizon would like to dump them but contractually, they can’t. I believe what they CAN do is exactly what they are doing. Namely, driving the AT&T email customers away by a “Terms of Agreement” that the customer won’t agree to.

AT&T needs to move this service back in-house or else shop for another email service provider. I think they would just as soon let Yahoo/Oath drive the email customer to Gmail, Outlook, etc.
TOMMEMPHIS

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 y ago

As someone who retired from the AT&T Headquarters building in Nashville after 35 years, I understand exactly where you folks are coming from. 

The harsh reality is Verizon, owner of Yahoo/Oath is ultimately steering this ship. AT&T contracted the email service out to them BEFORE Verizon recently bought it. I’m sure Verizon would like to dump them but contractually, they can’t. I believe what they CAN do is exactly what they are doing. Namely, driving the AT&T email customers away by a “Terms of Agreement” that the customer won’t agree to. 

AT&T needs to move this service back in-house or else shop for another email service provider. I think they would just as soon let Yahoo/Oath drive the email customer to Gmail, Outlook, etc.

Sent from my iPad Pro
Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

@_xyzzy_

Cool.  Thanks.  Most other forums I am associated with allow you to select "reply" at the bottom of the post and it just adds your reply to the bottom of that post. 

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

@Jetmech

See it worked!  Saw the notification. Man Happy

Most other forums I am associated with allow you to select "reply" at the bottom of the post and it just adds your reply to the bottom of that post

You might want to experiment with Reply/Quote next to the Reply button.  Click it and then when the reply page comes up click the Quote button.  Personally I never use that since I specifically select pieces to quote and use the @-method.

Ok, we're way off topic here.  Now lets get back to our regularly scheduled, 'er, complaints.Man Frustrated

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.