For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 3:56 PM

Closed

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hi TOMMEMPHIS

I have been in IT a long time and also an IT security person and understand
the inner working of the systems and software, I have made IE work great
with Norton's Identity Safe, and this is a great combination. We need as I
said before need to look at why Yahoo are suggesting Chrome and Firefox and
that is money they getting paid to do this, notice Edge is not being
suggested now do you not find that odd????? As far As my own system I will
keep it the same after all I am an expert in the field and have the
experience to know what is safe and what is not, I would like to use Edge,
but Norton's Identity Safe does not work correctly and as fast as in IE,
this is the same for Firefox and Chrome also. I have my system tuned and it
works great, I also believe your statement about Norton's Identity Safe is
very unfounded and I know how it works and it is safe, just like peole say
they hate Norton's for all these outlandish reasons and not one of their
issues have I been able to confirm, I just put this up to user error and
them not taking the time to read the documentation packed with the software,
but I am not closed minded on this issue, but have never been able to
experience or confirm the issue. If you want to really get heard write the
CEO of AT&T

Randall L. Stephenson CEO

AT&T Inc.

208 South Akard St

Dallas, Texas 75202

Instead of posting here

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hey guys you sent this to the wrong person I have said nothing about spam
here.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

that's right. it's all about att making more money.... they talked me into going FIBER, and it's no better that what it was. on top of that, they told me one price, and it turned out to be more.  it's so slow sometimes i can't believe it, and i think they are changing things on me. I'm sorry but after all these years of att aggrevation, 1 1/2 hours to call them is avg., I'm going to have to go to comcast.Smiley Frustrated

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

as many have already commented -

I DO NOT WANT YOUR CRAPPY UPGRADES!

I WILL NOT change my browser to Firefox or Chrome so you can make more money off me.

I have Windows 7 on purpose. Your fantastic re-organization of my e-mails and the wondrous desktop look are neither. I have MY e-mail set up the way I find it handy. I DO NOT WANT YOUR 'IMPROVEMENTS'.

if you want to improve service - get rid of the annoying ads. I pay directly for this 'service' and want to opt out of all the creepy stalking ads

I am the customer - do not tell me what to do.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Haven't been able to access my Yahoo email account for years. Can't remember my password (well, I do, but it doesn't work). There is absolutely NO support for Yahoo, and AT&T will have NOTHING to do with Yahoo mail. So my account has been in limbo for years. Yahoo is basically worthless without any kind of support.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I hope you put the new email counts back on all the folders. I use filters to sort my mail, and to put the cursor on every folder to see if I received email is very time consuming.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am already experiencing delays in senders E-Mails getting to my Inbox.  These delays have been upwards of one solar day!  

Since I am a job seeker, such a 24 hour lag can be detrimental in my job search.  

I hope that whatever improvements you make serve to eliminate such problems.

Jon Evans

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Yahoo (the company responsible for the largest data breech in the history of the world) is like a cancer that can not be stopped.  No, I won't change my browser.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Although I thought I clicked the link to go directly to "leave comment" I had to wind my way here.  And it is not exactly clear that here is where I intended to be. 

Nevertheless:

Sigh.  Every time the techy whizzes decide to fix what is working fine, it gets all screwed up.   Yup.  Currently dealing with the "new and better" from my CU.  Hasn't worked right for me since they dumped this on us.  So now y'all are messin' with my email.  I really had hoped to leave this "you figure this system out and we'll change it" routine at the office.  No. It followed me home.  Maw? I don't want to keep it....

I'm happy enough (or is that unhappy enough? or maybe frustrated enough??) with the old and at least somewhat reliable.

Quit messin' with your customers!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Trash internet speeds. OMG you guys sick so bad. 

Another complaint is that I keep getting stupid spam in my yahoo email. I can't unsubscribe. Its so annoying. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.