Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.6K Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 3:56 PM

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Responses

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

I and no one that knows the history off oath or Yahoo will keep them. They have demonstrated their incompetent acts of betrail of the trust in them. Yahoo is one of the worst privacy violaters out there. If you have any concern for your privacy you will get another Email Secure Account. You are and will be Bought and sold by proven Data Minners. Those that are lied to about Bellsouth.net Accounts are also victims of being Mined and Spied upon. Regardless of the originally agreed to Contracts of Usage. Join me and Thousands of others to stop the spying on the American people. We beat the Cable Industry in 1992 and Exposed Collision and Price Fixing Between Bellsouth and the Cable Industry. They use your RF Spectrum, Right of Ways and Public Airway and College Grants for their so called private bussiness. NOT.

The Consumer Satellite Coalition is about to Launch Online. Join us. You do not have to believe the lies told to you. You can and will have privacy. Thank You

D Tramel

CSC

FMAmerica Free My Airways

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I agree!!!!  Every day I waste time I will never get back "filtering" supposedly email that YOU will filter and yet they keep coming.  Everyone passes the buck that it's not us, it's Yahoo.  I even try "block" and yet it won't delete as it says it will.  I have to manually delete them.

Also, DO NOT DELETE EMAIL ADDRESSES YOU THINK SHOULD BE DELETED THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR MORE THAN A DECADE!

If I didn't need my present email so much for work connections I've had for 14+ years, I'd switch to a company other than AT&T as my service.

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

right????!!!!!  They don't care about us customers

jibc

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

3 y ago

Oh BOY!  Be still my wildly beating heart!   A NEW AND IMPROVED AT&T YAHOO email platform!  Ever since Yahoo! got it's nose, head, neck, body, and fat rear end into the tent, my email has been one disaster after another.

I use Microsoft Office 365 Outlook to process my email. Will that be screwed up by this "NEW AND IMPROVED AT&T YAHOO" upgrade?   As far as which browser I use, that's up to me.  If the NAIAY (short for "NEW AND IMPROVED AT&T YAHOO") is dependent on a specific browser, then maybe it's time to look elsewhere for my needs.  Seems like there are quite a few other systems out there other than NAIAY!

Not holding my breath on this one!

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

I agree fully

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

I don't use a "desktop" link.  I log into my email through the AT&T home page, read my mail then log off back to the home page.  From there, I do what ever browsing I need.  This notification indicated that it only effects desktop links, so does this change effect me?

I certainly hope NOT.  I have to agree with 99.99% of the comments here regarding the changes over the years.  I, like one previous post, have never agreed to the conditions required by the migration to "OATH".  If you really dig, hack and churn your way through the unbelievable labyrinth associated with oath, you will find it to be WAY over the top in spying, intruding, and worst of all, sharing your personal information.

In this era of the Facebook privacy debacle, you would think, on-line services would sit up and take notice.  BUT NOT AT&T.  This Yahoo/Oath collaboration makes Facebook look like Junior High school kids passing notes in class. I know, I just showed MY age, these days they all just sit in class and text instead of trying to get an education.

As mentioned earlier regarding the OATH "agreeing" with conditions, I just scroll down and click "I'll do this later".  I too wonder how long this will continue to work.

I have been trying to locate an email server that respects privacy and will deliver a quality service minus the pop-ups ans adds.  I would be willing to pay for it.  My real heart burn is that I have had this same email address with bellsouth.net for more years than I have fingers and toes, I cannot imagine how much time and hassle it will be to notify everybody I communicate with of an address change.

I too, as a previous post ask, where are the responses to all these posted concerns from AT&T?

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

For xyzzy,

Have your read all the terms and conditions associated with the migration to OATH?  The first time I logged into my AT&T/Yahoo email after that implementation, I called myself trying to ply through the unbelievable labyrinth.  Every link to setting privacy settings would take you down another rabbit hole of links and links

The major thing I was able to ascertain in my several HOURS of digging and being run all around (with the obvious goal to confuse and discourage customers from actually trying establish any degree of privacy) were absolute statements about how they (OATH/Yahoo)  WOULD read emails and share private information.

The one thing I have ascertained from the posts on this thread is that there have been no actual responses from AT&T.  As Tommemphis has posted, they don't care, they likely don't even read this forum and don't hold your breath waiting for a reply. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

RE: AT&T

Yahoo/ Oath is owned by Verizon. I can sign into my @att.net email accounts from either the AT&T start page or the Yahoo home page.

Every time I try to access my billing account, AT&T says it does not exist but I am billed every month. It takes me about 3 hours of phone calls any time your service reps try to find my account.

DO I STILL NEED TO KEEP AT&T INTERNET SERVICE TO KEEP MY @att.net EMAIL ACCOUNTS ACTIVE?

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

To Cliffwalker,

The answer to your question is "NO".  Well at least for me it was "NO".  I had AT&T for my home phone service for years before there was the internet. But as the internet became, (thanks to Al Gore LOL sic) I just naturally added AT&T internet to my phone service and stayed with it. 

HOWEVER, we physically moved in the last 3 years to an area NOT served by AT&T.  So, when we moved we had to get phone service with another company.  I contacted AT&T and asked if I discontinued my phone and internet with them as a result of my move, will I be able to continue to use my AT&T, (originally Bellsouth.net) address and email service.  They said yes as I was grandfathered in and in addition to that, there would be no charge.

So I said yes you will be able to keep your email even if you discontinue your internet association but I don't know if it was because I had been with them so long or what.  You will just have to call them and ask.

TOMMEMPHIS

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 y ago

I think what actually caused this was the purchase of Yahoo by Verizon. Since Verizon and AT&T Wireless are major competitiors, I knew this would create significant problems. Verizon would probably like for AT&T to take their email business elsewhere. I remember when AT&T operated their own email servers maintained by AT&T employees. It worked so well then BUT the company wanted to shed the expense of having unionized employees maintain the email servers. Along comes Yahoo, so here we are today. I’ve never been happy with Yahoo email from day one. Now add Verizon to the mix and you have the mess we’re faced with today. 

I’ve worked in the telecom industry (AT&T) my entire life and speaking from a lot of experience, this is NOT the way to handle customer emails. Email is as important or more important than any other service AT&T provides. To  contract that service out is NOT in the best interest of the customer. Now would be an excellent time to bring that service back as an in-house operation.

Every company now is looking for ways to monetize the customer relationship. Extracting content from customer emails for the purpose of sending advertising to them is the goal. 

Privacy has been replaced by the need to sell.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Where is the "Ask a question" button? Why didn't you simply make that a link? I HATE updates. Every time there is an update it screws something up. Everything is good enough. I am already about to dump AT&T because of the awful customer service. Years ago, I switched to Verizon for my wireless due to the absolutely pathetic customer service. All I hope is that it all works across all the browsers and email clients I use. I really don't like software that is not cross-browser compatible.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I'm with you there.  It took 2.5 minutes to get to this page from my mailbox.  AT&T reps say that they do say in their advertising that not all areas will get the highest speed (which is what they make your pay for.....).  I tell them each time that it is not THEY who advertise this fact, nor will any of their reps tell you that until after 10 years they change the router and put it in an upstairs bedroom which is the ONLY floor you get 15 in down one floor it is 2.5 and the upload won't even compute; it is their LEADING COMPETITOR who lets you know that fact......

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I would like to know when AT&T is going to get SERIOUS about password Security? In other words, why doesn't AT&T allow use of special character/symbols in your password? It is LUDICROUS that they don't!! Every single other account I have, personal and work, REQUIRES the use of at least 1 of these within the password.

GET ON THE GAME AT&T !!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I don't see why AT&T has to change the email and not even give us the option to change back to the older version.  Right now I can see the print but it took a while to adjust everything so I didn't have to look at the tiny print they made, or all the flashing ads.

It also seems that when I try to block spam, I get ever more spam. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I like AT & T & AT&T INC entirely to work, and work with 

If giving me a technological chance, give the machine out as long as I use the machine agreed to do, more coming out from it exchange info then all agreed with. NASA. 

Bother me like all my life not enough bringing up more hassles deadly and bloody my life ever going through, don't really need to spend money to bite who worked more. 

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.