Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.6K Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 3:56 PM

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Why am I having problems downloading my email? I have had numerous occasions when I have been unable to access my email. I have been a subscriber for over 20 years  and am fed up with the interruptions in receiving my email.

TOMMEMPHIS

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 y ago

What I find so ironic about all of this is AT&T insists that we receive our Uverse bill, our wireless bill, our landline bill, and our DirecTv bill, etc by EMAIL yet they contracted out their email service to Yahoo who has made receiving emails difficult if not impossible for many customers. 

I think the time time has come for customers to call AT&T and explain to them that because of the Yahoo email problem THEY will have to begin MAILING those bills out via USPS! You will have to call or go online to request that from each AT&T service that you have. That will be extremely expensive for AT&T but it may force them to put pressure on Yahoo to fix the email problem.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

I do getbmy bills snail mail. I have a hard copy and do not do any banking,
financial, or personal business online. Why would you? Might as well
publish your private info on the square or newspaper. No Security. And they
sell it. Isnt it obvious you cannot put your trust or respect in online
data minners. CSC

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Yes, I agree. I limit my cell phone use for travel. I use a land line for
business. I did not even have a cordless extension until recently. There
were stories about passing cars picking up the signal. I have a Facebook
account on the advice of friends, but I never use it. I have better things
to occupy my time. I rarely post to this blog, unless it will help to
prevent the Yahoo "upgrade" to a new email server. I fear I will be locked
out of my email. I have already tried Windows 10 and Edge, both of which I
refuse to use. Also Chrome, because Google is far too nosy.

Are you aware that Windows 10 has mandatory updates? The program is so
bloated, the initial download is 6 Gb, and some of the updates are 3 Gb.
Delivering updates every week or so to every user, has swamped the Microsoft
servers. They have implemented a Bit Torrent-type feature to use your
bandwidth to deliver updates to your neighbors. The default WUDO setting is
"on." I still suffer this indignity, because I removed Windows 10 without
knowing I had to turn off this feature first. Microsoft keeps a list of
available IP addresses, it is not stored on my computer. They will use any
computer connected to my LAN to service their update delivery, while I pay
the bill for that bandwidth to AT&T. It still degrades my service to this
day. The Yahoo email page is one of the most affected websites. =JHdant3s

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

Dear AT&T , In the beginning of the summer this year I canceled my AT&T home service after too many years of bad customer service experiences . I was grateful for the low cost of my home phone/internet service but the customer service was regrettably  terrible. When I canceled my home service I also told the sales rep. that I would like for my email through AT&T to also be closed and he told me that it would be. Still as of today my email account is open which I would rather it not be. Could you please close my email account so no more emails can go into it or tell me how to make this happen.  The AT&T email is 5finneys@att.net .  Thank you very much for your help.       Jenny Finney

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

@jenny+3

Check the following:

Delete your AT&T email account

You should realize you are posting to a public forum so you should not post personal info like your email address.  Edit it out (use the 3 vertical dots in the upper right of your post to edit) or eventually the moderator will.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I agree 100%. I have for 6 months been working with att trying to get rid of their connection of att email with yahoo email! They keep telling me they have taken care of it. They sure did! It took me 4 years to get them to change my darn name from Porter to Butcher as I remarried. They finally did. Now the last time I spoke with them about getting yahoo off my mail they said they would and did. Well now my att email says my last name is Porter again instead of Butcher! I have been trying to unattach yahoo from my att email as I wanted to get rid of yahoo email because I hate it! Too many ads. I was going to go solely with att. Transfer everything over. Use them as my primary. Now they are doing this crap! A permanent bonding with yahoo if you will. So now I am so mad I am looking elsewhere to get a provider for my main email. I will be getting RID OF BOTH YAHOO AND ATT EMAIL BECAUSE OF THIS STUPID MOVE! I have had it. I am done. I bet a whole lot of other people will be done too. Such a shame. ATT you did rule, now you are horrible.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I get the same thing from them. They do not do what you ask, they do as they please. I’ve tried to get yahoo mail off my att mail forever! Also tried to get them to change my name from Porter to Butcher as I remarried 6 years ago. They haven’t managed that yet either despite numerous phone calls to them. They have no problem sending my bill in the correct name though. I will be getting rid of both as soon as I like you Jenny can find a reliable email service! This is just ridiculous!

tsac

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

3 y ago

does anyone really think ATT cares about problems here? . notice the " SOLVED"  and the canned reply from the ATT people.

Reality is most companies are having problems. I have friends who have it worse using a cable company email.

The problems is too many people and not enough ability.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

There is nothing exciting about this new look.  Most senior citizens do not care to read or look at all of the extraneous information posted.  We want the old look back.  Get rid of Yahoo.com.  I did not ask for this nor do I feel I should pay for this insidious "new look."

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

I have come to realize that some Vice President at AT&T thought up this new
marketing scheme, invested money having it programmed, and they are not
going to back down now, lest that enterprising VP gets canned like a tuna.

For twenty years I have used MS Outlook as my email server. There was a
time when I received a phishing email every day. To ensure I never opened
it by mistake, I used the online feature to delete unwanted emails, before
downloading. I am going back to culling email locally, thus avoiding the
Yahoo process. Shift-delete permanently removes selected emails. I have
oodles of local storage, I have no need for the cloud. I have email
archives going back twenty years.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Hi, I had the att email connected in my phone. Now they ask me to re-enter my password. But I forgot my password and ID. I tried to rest it, but the user name you guys sent me is in this email address. I couldn't read the user name email and hence couldn't proceed with me password reset. What should I do now?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

The cloud, The Email Accpunts Provided By The IP And The Pay To Play Crowd
are Not Needed and Are Spying Upon You. Your Phones, Websites, IP's,
Various Agencies, Aplications, are all on the take. You are the commodity.
Your Data is Being Seized and You hsve been lured into a Scam by the whole
bunch. You dont have to operate this way. You dont have to tolerate Data
Minners. You have the power to STOP this. The CSC is free. The only fee is
that you get involved and help us force lawmakers deal with this an put a
stop to the spys. It is your airways, your rights of public right of ways,
Why should they enjoy copyright protection and your personal and private
information is not. There are some providers and encrypted communications
programers getting ready to throw a wrench into the data miners nest if the
Government Fails to Act to protect your privacey and stop the IP's and Data
Minner cold. Its comming. You own it. They dont take a stand. Get involved.
ron tramel
former president of the
Consumer Satellite Coalition
FMAmerica, The World Very First Satellite Radio Station.
C-Band-Clarke Orbit Birds
Cable Consumer Protection Act of 1992.
Not Without A Fight.
Black Box Soulutions
3 Muskateer Sys.
The FCC and the Government are your Employees. Its time they acted like it.
KA4WYO ars
tsac

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

3 y ago

Sadly most have no clue they are being traced.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

This "new" Internet email looks like the "old" original plain vanilla Yahoo.  The very good efficient tool bar which was at the top is gone.  There is no longer a number by Spam so you have to click on Spam to see if there are any.  Also no longer a number by Trash.  AND, way too many Spam are in Inbox.  What happened to "filters" or good sense?  Don't like it.  I'm paying way too much money for this set up.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.