Uniquely for you. Order the new Google Pixel 6, now!
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.6K Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 3:56 PM

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Although I didn’t want to change my email address (had for approx 30 years), I thought I would try establishing new one connected with my AT&T account. AT&T couldn’t get that right either. The account can send mail out, but cannot receive anything, not even mail from AT&T saying the new email was good to go. In my multitude of calls and countless hours on the phone with them, they could not, or did not, fix it either. These forum discussions are monitored by AT&T service representatives. After my first complaint vis this route wanting to know how to file an official complaint, I received an immediate response from an AT&T rep with a promise to fix it. Well, that never happened. Two weeks of their investigation to say “it was beyond their department “ and referred me to call a number/department she promised that could. That number just started my whole process from the beginning again, like countless times before, with no positive outcome. I bet the majority of these complaints are ignored in their monitoring, as I’ve yet to receive anything from them regarding this thread.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

My original message indicated that I do not use the cloud, I download the inbox to MS Outlook.  I have an archive of .pst files going back to Windows 98.  I have been a Yahoo customer since they bought the Pacific Bell email list.  I do not want to lose the email address I have had for 23 years, all my friends have it.  I am far too busy to fuss with this latest intrusion by AT&T.  Please accept my thanks for the replies, but I need everyone to leave me to pursue my personal projects.  Thanks.

I do agree that the internet has imposed restrictions on advertising, so it is difficult to find a way to support the service companies, as opposed to hardware.  When radio was first introduced, a small businessman started broadcasting to the local community.  But the only way he could support the enterprise was to sell radios, a market that was soon saturated.  As a different business model, Gillette sold razors cheap, they made their money selling blades.  Newspapers have been around since the Egyptians.  The first broadsheets in England had only advertisements.  They gradually added news to encourage subscriptions, and later, expensive full page department store ads supported the press.  Newspapers are a “push” technology; the internet is a “pull” technology.  That is why the internet is having trouble replacing newspapers, at the same time putting them out of business.  Some advertisers use the telephone, that just interrupts my work.  I would never buy anything from them.  I keep telling them that, but there should be a law against hanging up.  I cannot tell them not to call if the computer rings my phone and then nobody picks up when I answer.  Google is too nosy, trying to find out what my interests are before I know myself.  Chrome, too.  I use Bing and Windows 7.  Certainly I am not interested in an ad just minutes after I bought the same thing.  Auto manufacturers by law must supply parts for eleven years to support a ten-year vehicle life.  We should have the same law for computers and operating systems.  Microsoft released five different operating systems in five years:  Windows 95, NT, W98, ME, W2000.  In the stock market, it is called “churning.”  Buying and selling stocks to generate commissions, not to benefit the customer, but to fleece him.  Same with Windows 10.  They have mandatory updates now, so they can update their marketing tools on the fly.  But the software is so bloated (6 Gb) and updates are so large (sometimes 3 Gb) that it has overwhelmed the servers at Redmond.  So MS implemented WUDO, a “bit torrent” feature that commandeers customer bandwidth to facilitate distribution.  It is the default setting.  It did no good to format my hard drive and install Windows 7, the setting is not stored on my machine.  It is stored on a server at Redmond to parse computers that have “agreed to” bandwidth theft for which I am paying good money to AT&T.  The code is just read, write, write, write, it can be installed on the fly to any machine on my LAN, whenever it is connected to the internet.  It slows down service, when Yahoo cannot get a time slice, waiting for WUDO to give up the connection.  AT&T is following the same pattern as Google and Microsoft.  They can read all your email to find out what your friends are buying.  They have been doing that for some time now, but the new software upgrade will facilitate that marketing operation.  There is no privacy on the internet, it is not like a telephone.  I wonder about that, too.  Normally these acts are illegal, but I guess there will be some policy within the user agreement where the right to privacy is waived.  AT&T has a business model of monthly charges, but they are getting hammered by the competition.  They keep adding employees, with diminishing returns.  Now communication is the problem.  There are 15 call centers in the US, and every follow-up call is handled by a different agent.  They should have a single point of contact so you do not explain the problem again every time.  They make notes, but after two or three calls, nobody has time to read them.  Often the problem is not in the script.  Operations is trying to address the problem with this blog, but unless someone at AT&T reads the blog and responds, it will just exacerbate the problem.  We cannot solve the problem without your help.   =JHdant3s=

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I whole heartedly agree with that. I also have problems with my voice mail since I switch to the digital home phone instead my regular land line. Now I cannot get my voice mail at all and I depend on it. And the company site is so user unfriendly and is virtually useless. Don't call or chat you will need to see a therapist after that ordeal. So I am in limbo, no voice mail and my lightening speed internet moves like molasses in the winter time. What happen to the old att and good customer service. Gone the way of the dinosaurs. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Smiley Mad

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

LOVE IT! I too feel like I need therapy after talking with them. [Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

tsac

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

3 y ago

Think Att is making these changes for you? sole purpose is to use your emails and searches for marketing purpose.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

my e-mail is so slow , that, today I got my e-mails from sept. 14th on

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

https://cprodmasx.att.com is not operative

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

This thread is so totally useless.  My last post was over a week ago but I have monitored the responses.  I have YET to see ANY reply or heard of anybody getting ANY reply or response from AT&T regarding the concerns expressed here.  It is obvious AT&T just couldn't care less about their customers.  It is impossible to even shame them into responding as they have absolutely NO shame. 

The "upgrades" they notified us about are going to happen and those of us who are uncomfortable or unhappy with those changes can just take a long walk off a short pier with a five gallon bucket of rocks.

Jetmech

Mentor

• 

27 Messages

3 y ago

This forum is a total sham.  It is like putting a pacifier in a babies mouth.  It is make us FEEL like they actually care.  I have seen NO evidence that they actually read or monitor this forum.  Like I said enjoy your pacifier while they sit back and laugh at us and say "if you don't like it, shove it".

'

MarkOne

Scholar

• 

71 Messages

3 y ago

@Jetmech

No one cared at any time.  This forum is to let people think there are solutions.

False hope.      

TOMMEMPHIS

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

3 y ago

As I’ve said in previous posts, I am a AT&T retiree with issues as well. This site is nothing more than a place for customers to vent their frustrations but don’t expect to receive any satisfaction. After your post, you can expect to become even more frustrated, knowing that nothing will change. 

I’m sorry, but that’s just the way it is. This is not the way it was many years ago when it was the old American Telephone & Telegraph Company.

Unfortunately, times change.

MarkOne

Scholar

• 

71 Messages

3 y ago

@TOMMEMPHIS,

I believe you.

The spammer is a major problem.  But, the real problem as we have only briefly discussed is the fact that this spammer infiltrated AT&T's database of customers.  We, as customers were not informed of the breach.  This is against any privacy policy.

AT&T is a great company that I have been a customer with for decades.  But, it is time for AT&T to step up its game against this main spammer that is distracting our lives. 

tsac

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

3 y ago

Reality is these companies who offer a free service like email or like Google and Facebook raise money by selling information on users activities and search locations. IF you think your emails are private , think again. Legally ANY data leaving your computer and using the internet is considered free to grab. Why do you think companies use private networks to transmit their internal business. ATT uses one and highly restricts employees freedom to use open internet for company business.

Information they grab is sold to marketing companies and they in turn sell information on users including their email addresses and other information. Fools post personal information on Facebook thinking only "friends" can see if they set options. Guess again.  Spam will only get worse because people never learn. Oh by the way, Cell phones are also monitored.Smiley Frustrated

Another thought, The push to use new browsers is tied to their ability to also monitor users and collect information.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.