Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.6K Messages

Wed, Aug 1, 2018 3:56 PM

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Responses

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Spam filter hardly works--I keep getting same companies spamming me--20 or more a day.  And I mark them SPAM every day.  Hope this will be easier to do in the future--and will STOP the repeating spam from all originators, no matter what address they use.  Oil Change coupons, home warranty, "senior" whatever, loans, "medical" whatever, male "enhancement", toe nail fungus, medical marijuana, weight loss,  etc. etc. etc.  I cleaned my spam folder 6 days ago.  Today it has 600 emails, not counting what is in my regular inbox!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I vowed 9 years ago to "never" use at&t again. TimeWarner/Spectrum cheated me even more than at&t did which is difficult to do. Since AT&T hires LIARS, I'll wait to see this before commenting. Everything I was told *before* I switched back to you was a LIE. 99% of the email I get on the at&t web mail site is spam. No need to rush the delivery of spam. What if we HATE the new mail? Like everything else, it'll be shoved down our throats, no doubt. How about this? Dump Yahoo. Your email worked just great when I had pacbell.net and could use a REAL email program. I was able to filter and prioritize my own mail. Imagine that. But there's no click bait there....You're just selling us all out - AGAIN.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

3 y ago

Not sure this will help since Yahoo does not recognize my email and I can only log on directly through AT&T.  If it diverts me to Yahoo, and it tells me my email address does not exist.  Can't sync my email address with any of my devices (Android & iPhone/Pad).  No one can fix it, and each department says it's the department that has to fix it.  This has been going on for 6 months. If AT&T wasn't the ONLY internet carrier in our area, I would cancel service.  Which I do plan on cancelling my ATT Digital Life security system in one month when my contract expires.  AT&T is total crap with lousy customer service!

_xyzzy_

Expert

• 

15K Messages

3 y ago

@LandL916 - if you are fed up with the att/yahoo email support, att internet is the only "pipe" you have for internet access, and don't feel "locked in" to your current email address, then change your email service.  There's plenty to choose from free, pay, both, with webmail and/or POP/IMAP/SMTP support (read reviews and terms of service).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

And we need this change forced upon us why?

So a newer version of something that should already function with older versions will function?

What a load of lies.

ATT does not care about it's customers, it only cares about it's bottom line in selling more ads, tracking our every move, key stroke and click, and charging us more for the privilege of having their whims forced on us.

Just because one of your flunkies comes up with something new does not mean we need it.

YOU need it so we have less and less control over what we are forced to see. AND what goes on with our info we do not see.

We as the customer should not have to opt out of anything. We should have to opt in if we want it.

Please stop selling my information, you do not need to collect it to enhance my "experience" mine does not need enhancing.

We as consumers are sick and tired of being exploited, misled, and lied to.

My opt out is to cancel all the services you allegedly provide me. I pay way more than it's worth for an internet service for speeds "up to" 25 mbps. My actual is 14 mbps on the best day. So your wiggle words of "up to" allow you to throttle my speed back.

Your land line phone service used to function during electrical power outages. 

Now it doesn't, and hasn't for years, and probably never will again. 

My guess it's to keep customers from calling what used to be a real live person, to see when service may be restored.

And without a cell phone I can't call 911.

And you still charge me full monthly price when there is an ATT outage and your "service" is unavailable.

Your atitude has become "customers need you and you don't need customers" 

I guess you really don't need customers, you need lemmings to follow you off the cliff.

IF you want me back as a customer,

1. Discontinue the automated phone system, hire more TRAINED customer service people. You know, the ones that don't need to read from a scripted page, or put me on hold while they go ask the one person that only works on Wed. from 9-4pm which scripted answer they should read me.

The supervisors are not any better than the customer service people, except they are ruder in their distain that we wish to have our question answered or service issue resolved by them, instead of the overseas outsourced heavily accented non english first language speaking "agent".

2. Actually provide the claims in your service, in any given plan or service package.

3. Charge what the plan or service is actually worth, not the 3-5 x's the worth you currently charge, and you might actually retain your customers instead of polishing that excrement that you try to hand to us by the clean end.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

If your still using Yahoo why have I get the message that Yahoo is going with Sprint.They want me to sign an agreement to there terms if I have to pay ATT for wire fi and sprint for service.  Just need to know whats going on

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

3 y ago

contact your Senator:

Google still lets third-party apps scan your Gmail data

by Kaya Yurieff 

September 20, 2018: 5:32 PM ET

https://money.cnn.com/2018/09/20/technology/google-gmail-scanning/index.html

excerpt: The Senate Commerce Committee is scheduled to question Google, Amazon, Apple, AT&T, Charter Communications,and Twitter on Wednesday September 26 about safeguards for consumer data privacy.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I couldn't agree more with this post! OK, the post concerning the adds polluting my screen space! THEY ARE UNRESONABLE and WE should have the option to remove them..... Thank you....

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

I hope this new format will be user friendly.  The new Outlook is terrible and not user friendly at all, very confusing.  I stress again and again, user friendly, PLEASE.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

I hope you don't screw this up like you have DTV

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I totally agree.  When it takes almost 5 minutes for my computer to come up after I was supposedly given an up grade in speed, I know I'm not getting what I paid for.  They can't even get my bill to the appropriate mailbox and I have been over drafted for both my last 2 bills which is totally unacceptable.  May have to dro p them all together.  They tell me I have home phone service for which I am paying but none of my lines get a dial tone.  They want me to pay for all the upgrades.  If they want to keep doing upgrades on THEIR system, they need to pay for the upgrades in MY home.  Keep up the crappy work and I will be dropping them altogether.  I don't make the big bucks like some of them do.  

Part of my family used to work for Bell Telephone 30 years ago when service meant everything - now the bottom line is how much can we screw the customer out of their hard earned dollars!

CHA CHING CHA CHING!!!!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

Will will this update help with being able to sign in? I’ve been locked out on my desktop for weeks now. No matter what I do, change password, nothing will work. Help me out or lose me to Gmail. 

Tutor

• 

1 Message

3 y ago

JUST LEAVE GOOD ENOUGH ALONE. IT IS SO SAD HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE UNSATISFIED WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU NOW OFFER. SINCE YOU APPARENTLY HAVE THE BIGGEST PART OF THE MARKET....STOP. WE ARE BARELY SATISFIED WITH THE POOR SERVICE YOU NOW OFFER. JUST FROM READING A PORTION OF THE POSTS, WE ALL HAVE THE SAME BONE TO PICK WITH ATT. SO S T O P   IT~~!!!!!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

I had that problem also and ended up changing my email. I had to call ATT and let them know that they messed with numerous on line bills to the point I paid extra fees to my creditors. They even told me my security questions were not the right answers.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

3 y ago

OH YEAH! I TOTALLY AGREE!!!
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.