For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Protect yourself online
ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 3:56 PM

Closed

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

For over a week I have had nothing but problems with AT&T Yahoo mail.  It won't sync with my  Android using the same app that I use to sync another email account on AT&T shared web hosting.  That one works fine.  It won't sync with the email program on my Windows laptop.  I called your tech support.  It's supposed to go to a special number for email tech issues but it never does.  It goes to the main customer service number.  Those people try to blame it on the app, the program, everyone but AT&T and Yahoo when I keep telling them it clearly is a problem there since it is a problem with both the app and email program, + the app works with another email account.  I called 4 different times.  I have spent hours trying to get it resolved.  It works sporadically in the middle of the night and then stops again in the morning.  Other people have the same issue.  There is a discussion about it on http://downdetector.com/status/yahoo-mail.  It is a huge problem for all of us.  We can't download messages and we can't send messages unless we do it on your website.  The people at your so-called customer service claim that since we can access mail on  your website then there is nothing wrong.  On top of that, I hardly ever got any spam mail on my AT&T account and during the time that the send and receive problems have been happening I have been getting hundreds of spam mails.  If your servers are overloaded and that is the reason for the problem then you or Yahoo should fix it A.S.A.P.  I hope that these "upgrades" resolve your issues but sadly I don't want to have to deal with this for another month.  It is very difficult.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I can no longer log out

With the new wide web pages the log out button is so far to the right it no longer appears on my screen.  I use Chrome, IE and Firefox and problems with all.  Even if I choose full screen.  I have a 15 inch flat screen monitor and have tired several other desktops with various older monitors and flat screens.   Could you please move the log out button closer to the middle of the web page so I can click on it again.  I don't like to leave my account open and logged in.

Thank you

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

AT&T actually intends to continue contracting with an affiliate of Verizon, its chief rival, to provide email services to its customers? Wow!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have a very old Destop Computer, and I get my emails on it every day -- at least 20 to 30.  Suddenly, for the last two days, I can get nothing.  I keep getting Pop-ups asking for my in-bound drive and then my out-bound drive and then my email and password.  I do it over and over again and I continue to get the pop ups.  I'm using my laptop right now, but I want the desktop to work like it always did.  Help.  How can I get my incoming mail on my desktop and make those horrible popups go away.  Thank you.

Mentor

• 

20 Messages

6 years ago

To Garydcox1

I completely agree with you however I would drop Internet Explorer as your browser as soon as possible as so many internet users have, already! Microsoft has done everything possible to make IE as unpleasant to use as possible. I would shop the web for a different password storage vehicle if that’s the way you prefer to store passwords. I personally, would NEVER store passwords on the web no matter how “safe” they are advertised to be! I use a Rolodex device for password storage that provides the ultimate in security.

AT&T should drop Yahoo completely and return the email function to an in-house operation. It worked so well that way but the company found that outsourcing the department was a much cheaper option. They were able  to lay off a lot of people. 

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

I have a laptop with  Windows 7 and a desktop with Windows 10 and I am having the same problem that you are with both of them.  Also my phone says "failed to sync".  No one at AT&T will take responsibility for these problems.

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

6 years ago

Sometimes it asks me for a password and tells me that the password is wrong even though it isn't, and sometimes I get this message: Sending of password for user ** did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later.  Hey AT&T, anyone out there?  Will one of you please tell us what is going on here? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Okay, comments above have been interesting.  What ATT has forgotten is this is EMAIL.  A faster way to communicate from one person to another without taking up too much of a person's time so they can do other things, like work.  I don't need or want a bunch of fluff.  I want ease of use.  Also it would be nice if ATT would spend the time, resources, and money on upgrading "phone" lines in the rural areas or converting to fiber optic (wow, what a great idea) rather than selling their older phone lines to Sudden Link which has poor internet/customer service.  I'm trying to remain loyal to ATT as my father worked for Western Electric Co but sometimes it has been hard. -- Teresa

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

AT&T email servers, including Yahoo, are as slow as cold molasses and half the time you cannot connect to the servers.  I mainly use a Gmail email address which has blazing speed.  I currently use IE browser and will not upgrade to Firefox (which is terrible) or Chrome (which is hard to use and configure).  I have tried both and always come back to IE.  I use Outlook (purchased version) which is very easy to configure and use.  Problem with AT&T is all they want is more customers without taking care of the customers they have.  I have ATT&T DirecTV, internet, and phone bundle.  Every time it sprinkles, DirecTV looses signal.  Once the signal was out for almost one hour.  The signal is always out for at least 25 minutes every time it sprinkles.  During winter and spring storms, I have lost DirecTV signal in the fourth quarter with game tied and one minute left and home team on the half yard line ….. then it sprinkles and out goes the TV.  Yes, the DirecTV tech (more than one)  have come to our house and messed with the dish and settings and the TWO miles of wires and five devices it takes to have DirecTV and internet and phone from ATT&T.  Its a big mess behind our TV.  I ask the tech if all that stuff was necessary to have TV and he said yes.  Once the bundle package bonus period is up, I plan to drop ATT&T like a hot potato.   

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hey AT&T

Why with all these comments from customers - there does not appear to be any comment / correction / additional information / solutions from you???

Is this just a dead comments section with customer comments given but you don't care what is being said?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.