ATTHelpForums's profile
Community Support

Community Support

• 

2.7K Messages

Wednesday, August 1st, 2018 3:56 PM

Closed

AT&T New Mail

New_Email.jpgStarting September 5th, 2018 all .net ‘webmail’ customers will start to receive notifications about an upcoming email upgrade starting in October.  This new mail experience only affects ‘desktop’ webmail users and will include a more responsive ‘search’ capability, easier to use ‘settings’ menu, overall improved views, and much more!

FAQ:

When will I upgrade?

AT&T New Mail will begin to rollout to AT&T users October 2018.

Do I have to upgrade?

Yes, the planned upgrade will affect all desktop webmail users. 

What is changing?

Only the user interface for ‘desktop’ webmail.  The new email upgrade is designed to take advantage of today’s more modern and supported browsers.

What must I do to prepare for the upgrade?

The upgrade is simple - nothing in your email, folders, notes, calendar, or address book is changing. Your mailbox is only upgrading to a new and improved look and feel.  

If you’re using FireFox, Chrome, and/or a Mac based browser, just sit back, and relax. If you’re currently using Internet Explorer and or a Microsoft Edge browser older than 15.x then please upgrade your browser to a supported browser.

Helpful links are provided below:

Why are you telling me now?

We want to keep our AT&T mail users informed! We believe it is the right thing to do.

AT&TCustomerCare

AT&T Help

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

1 Attachment

Teacher

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Hey AT&T

Why with all these comments from customers - there does not appear to be any comment / correction / additional information / solutions from you???

Is this just a dead comments section with customer comments given but you don't care what is being said?

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Will the old inbound and outbound at pacbell.net still work with the existing port and security settings. I am not at all interested in any of this new crap. All I want is to read and send my e-mail without all the new bells and whistles. Bob.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

6 years ago

@BobFam

All the "new crap" involves changes around using a browser accessing the webmail.  Nothing has been announced about any changes to the the servers and thus there should be no affect on email client apps.

However, there was this article you should read which does directly affect email client apps.

Tutor

• 

9 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks. I already have  secure key. I do not use any of the mentioned browsers to read/send my mail. ATT, in it's great wisdom, stopped my mail some time back, and never informed me of the change beforehand. I had to call the support number and get help changing it. Bob.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Will this remove all the junk email I have been getting in my accounts?  I don't need any Asian Women, male enhancements, zippy loans, etc in my inbox daily.  This started about a month ago and everyday I am marking spam it has gotten very annoying. I'm getting ready to change from my old Sbcglobal.net/ATT account to Gmail.  

Scholar

• 

71 Messages

6 years ago

@mahct, no, it will not remove the junk/spam mail that you or anyone receives.  The only way to block the CBD spammer, since it is a professional spammer that uses encrypted technology to send out its spam, is for AT&T to block it.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I wish you would not use Yahoo as the email client. Yahoo reads and captures everything that we say through Yahoo email. This is not right. I hate it. I am transitioning away from this email because of the blatant snooping into my business. Your money would be better spent making sure that your valued clients personal emails are private. Yahoo has no business snooping into our lives trying to get any and all avenues of marketing to us. Shame on you for using Yahoo.

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

If you REALLY care about us, you would respond to the MILLIONS of customers who want you to shed anything to do with Oath, Yahoo, or Verizon!  People have been complaining for several years about this darned (used because the AT&T censors didn't like the original word I used) Oath page that pops up with 2 choices before you can get to "AT&T ?" email - "Agree Now", or "Agree Later".  At least they are obnoxiously honest - they want you to agree that they can mine your email for any and all personal information for their own commercial use, or sell it to third parties!  I signed up for AT&T products and services.  I want nothing to do with a failing company (Yahoo) that has had MILLIONS of its accounts hacked in the past 3 years, and know wants to make your ID and personal information even more vulnerable!

Come on AT&T, if you're financially viable enough to take on $185 billion dollars in debt, how about spending some on bringing your email servers in house!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've got to say I generally more so agree with this person.  Stop changing things on me!  I know you think it's an upgrade and improvement, but they let anybody use computers and I'm anybody.  Not computer savvy.  I did not grow up with this technology and use it only as necessary.  It's not my way of life.  So when you change things on me my life is MORE difficult.  If it ain't broke, why fix it?

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

You are right on!  I've complained for years.  Their tech support people claim to not know anything about it, why, or if anything can be done.  At&T doesn't give a rat's behind, and never has since actual monopoly days; now they're just a de facto monopoly.  Normally, I want government totally out of the commercial sphere, but the Feds should have stopped the Time Warner purchase!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.