Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Give Mom a virtual hug with our Mother's Day Gift Guide.
sdpcmedics's profile

• 

9 Messages

Thu, Apr 8, 2021 5:00 AM

ATT Email on IOS Mail App - recurring Set Personal Password

Trying to set up an ATT.net primary email account on a new iPhone (iOS 14.4.2)

I have the correct email address [email scrubbed]

Also have the correct password (#unusualwordspelling#) - I have confirmed it works by using the same authentication info at Yahoo.com and can get my mail.

However, whenever I use the same exact info for setting up the IOS mail app, I'm getting a repeating "Set Personal Password" page every time. 

I have changed the password more than 50 times, and it DOES take.. because I can then use it back at Yahoo to see my mail... I try to add the account again on the iOS, and NOTHING - keeps taking me to a "Set Personal Password" page...  it never goes away!

HELP!  What else can be done?

I have also gone into my ATT account page, created a Secure Mail Key... copied that carefully into the password box...  and it STILL takes me to the "Set Personal Password" page!  (sad)

So.. I'm at a crossroads... and very frustrated with ATT/YAHOO/VERIZON now....  everything worked until about 2 weeks ago.

PLEASE HELP - I know of a half dozen other customers with exactly the same issue!

Thank you!

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

48.6K Messages

15 d ago

Try adding again but instead of selecting yahoo as the provider, select other and use that secure mail key as the password. 

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

9 Messages

14 d ago

Thank you for the reply, but it does not work - It returns an error "The POP server "fpostoffice.isp.att.net" is not responding.  Check your connection and that you entered the correct information in the Incoming Mail Server record"

So... I look there..  it has:

Host Name - fpostoffice.isp.att.net

User Name - (just name) not domain

Password - (appears like the correct secure mail key)

The outgoing is exactly the same.

It shows a highlighted selection at the top as POP mail.. not IMAP..   but I'm sure that doesn't matter if the server can't even be reached.

So I tapped SAVE... and then "Cannot Connect Using SSL" Do I want to try without SSL...  I choose YES....  but, NO JOY.  UGH!

HELP!

• 

1 Message

14 d ago

I have the exact same problem sdpcmedics, I am so exasperated!  Is there an answer to this?

• 

9 Messages

14 d ago

Are you trying to add to an iPhone/iPad?  I've got the latest 14.4.2 now... but nothing has changed.  I tried doing what sandblaster mentioned - but got nowhere.  I've read a million posts... with the majority claiming theirs become magically "fixed" after a while...   but this does nothing to help countless clients I have with the same problem!

Yes - we can log into the web site and read all the mail... but that's a sorry replacement for what worked perfectly before.

What escapes me further is how the Secure Mail Key doesn't work for anything except (in my experience) Outlook, or Windows Live Mail...   for those, it seems to work, but nothing mobile!

UGH! 

PLEASE give us something more to help, ATT!

Thank you!

• 

9 Messages

10 d ago

Bump - Any news on this?   Email has NOT worked in Outlook 2010 either (with secure mail key) - any help?

Get started...

Ask a new question