Protect yourself online
InsaneByChoice's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, June 21st, 2019 3:27 PM

ATT access through Yahoo web mail login page

I have used the Yahoo webmail login page ever since ATT dumped their own webmail onto Yahoo.

Lately trying to log in through the Yahoo webmail page redirects to the ATT login page after

I enter my login name (blabla@att.net.) Reentering the proper login information on the ATT login page

most often results in an error page that says:

We're Sorry

We cannot process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact us.

This is where it gets weird: I go back to the Yahoo login page and enter my ATT webmail user name,

and I get directed to my webmail account, without being redirected to the the ATT login page again,

or having to enter any password information. I seem to have been logged in through ATT in the background

even though I get the 'We're sorry' message and ATT won't send me through to my account.

'Please contact us' is a link that redirects to a worthless page advertising more ATT services, with no obvious

way to contact ATT. Stupid design, but what can you expect from ATT?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Use this link to log in 

https://www.att.com/olam/passthroughAction.myworld?actionType=ViewProfile

Then go to Sign-in info and go to the My linked accounts field and click Check email.  You will likely have to log in again but then you should be able to see your email.  This is definitely not the normal way but seems to be a back door into the email on a web browser. It will show co-branded AT&T/Yahoo header which likely means your account is now solely affiliated with Yahoo. 

Also, if you use the mail app on your cell phone and the SMTP server shows Yahoo, then it seems that account is now Yahoo owned. Not sure myself how this will work out since I am sure they don't want any AT&T related email addresses going through their servers.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@LiveForVacation said:

Also, if you use the mail app on your cell phone...

For all att email accounts, @att.net or one of the (10) att legacy accounts, use the server settings documented here.  That article also recommends using a secure mail key in place of the account password for email clients.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.