Announcements
Ace Back to School with AT&T's A+ deals!
iraroane's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Aug 5, 2016 2:45 AM

anybody living in a rural community and getting screwed by AT&T internet ?

I live in a rural area. there are 3 services that pass through this area. Sprint, Verizon and ATT. ATT has been here for 50years.  They donot offer fiber optic but Srpint and Verizon do offer these services. I'm not "allowed" to connect to their services because ATT will not allow it.. Does this happen to anyone else?

Responses

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

11.6K Messages

5 y ago

What do you mean by AT&T won't allow it?  If any other company is offering service in your area AT&T has no say in whether or not you use another's service, you need to call the company offering the service, not AT&T.  If you're talking about another company using the existing feed (drop) to your house to give you their service, than no you can't do that as AT&T would own that drop to your house, but they could put in another drop to your house from their terminal, which if they offer service in your area they should be happy to do. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

where do you live in another world?  Get real.  Do you live in a rural area? Probably not. do you get charged $61.35 each month for 5MG download. And yes I do have responses in email from other companies that have got their "Blessing" from ATT to run their fiber optic through our community but are not allowed to offer us service.
spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

11.6K Messages

5 y ago

Since you already know it all why are you posting questions here?

Get started

Ask a question
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.