Need to update email settings?
Fpokhcir1's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, April 3rd, 2019 2:48 PM

All my email is going into my archive folder

Beginning yesterday all of my new email is ending up in my archive folder. This is happening on the Yahoo site and therefore my cell phone and home computer are having them filtered into different folders instead of the inbox.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I also have an email @sbcglobal.net - and emails are going directly to archive, I need help too please!!

Tutor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me today.  If you go into settings and choose filters there were about 8 filters set up that I did not create . I had been hacked . Some filters showed actual words in the preview but others did not . They just showed some little dots . I selected each filter and deleted them one by one. I took screenshots but they are on my computer and I am typing this from my phone.  

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Some filters showed actual words in the preview but others did not . They just showed some little dots

@Cgjg022799Thank you!!! I just checked my customer's email account and he had the same filters!! He had two, one was named Failure Notice, and the other was just a little dot.

Both were set to move all incoming email with the "TO: his address" into the archived folder.

He has now changed his password too.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@Cgjg022799, @MrTom44, and anyone else were you are seeing stuff going into the wrong folders...

When you are seeing emails arriving in unexpected folders the first thing you should look at are the webmail filters.  If you see filters you did not create including subtly named filters like '.', '..', ':', etc. then you have to assume someone managed to get into your account, i.e., you were hacked.  If that is the case there other things you need to check and do besides just correct the filters.

Here's my standard list of things when someone actually got into your webmail account:

• Change your password and security questions. The link I supplied allows you to change the password three ways; using your security questions, using your recovery email address, or by snail mail.
  • Log into your webmail through start.att.net and click the settings gear->more settings. In there you will see a number of commands on the left. The ones that need checking are Mailboxes, Filters, and Security and Privacy.
  • Mailboxes. Click that and choose an account in the Mailbox list to bring up that account's settings panel on the right. Check the name and reply-to address and see if it is suspicious. Blank it out if you don't want that set. Check the forwarding setting and make sure it is blank or what you want. Check the other settings there as well. When you are done click the Save button at the bottom to update that account's settings.
  • Filters. Look for suspicious filters and subtle filter names like '.' (a dot) or ':'. Remove them and click the Save button. (this was already discussed)
  • Security and privacy. Make sure no addresses are defined who's email you don't want blocked. Click Save to update those settings.
  • Contacts list.  While it doesn't affect the running of the webmail it's still good to check to see if everything you expect is there.  If you contacts are gone you may be able to restore them clicking on the Contacts Actions in the toolbar and selecting "Restore from backup...". (not anymore with the new "improved" contacts UI)

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

@ ACE-EXPERT Not all heroes wear capes.  I thank-you so very much! You solved our problem and you helped prevent future issues. Clicking on settings/more settings/mailboxes/email address showed my mother's reply-to address was changed, the forwarding was filled in with the same name. (as well as filters being put in place). Also under security and privacy emails from paypal were blocked!!!!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

(delete)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same issue of all emails going to archive in outlook. I can retrieve my emails there but cannot set them up to go to my iPhone, they once did several days ago. I updated my account, as suggested by AT&T. Now I can't log in to my account on the AT&T site. HELP.

• 

2 Messages

Reset password and can now get in to account on web. Have no filters set and new emails still going to archive instead of inbox.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Our email account was hacked.

We managed to check filters and change password. 

It worked for a day but then it stopped working. 

When ever we log in....it says account not recognised 

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This is happening in my Rogers email account too

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This is happening to me now 2/2/2023

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.