czhong's profile

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 27th, 2022 1:08 PM

AT&T Internet Air

I’m currently shopping around for new internet options for my apartment and I have AT&T as a side wireless account. I went into the My AT&T app and went to the section for internet. My apartment does not get fiber, only Internet 100 but I also saw another option called AT&T Internet Air. Any idea as to what this is? The app is glitchy and was unable to load it up.

1 Message

5 months ago

Reportedly, I won't need an extender inside my home for Internet Air. Finding that signal strength is poor in one part of the house. Anyone know if the Amplifi extender can be used with Internet Air?

2 Messages

4 months ago

I am on AT&T air ,  it gives decent speed of around 300-400Mbps download and around 10Mbps upload . Today its cloudy and i see speed dropped significantly and the public IP on the gateway changed to a different region , i am in IL and the IP shows as Washington , so not sure whether AT&T introduced some new traffic routing thats causing this behavior , will test again when its better weather to rule out weather as root cause . 

if AT&T air speed is dependent on weather then it maybe a bad deal to move to air and fiber/dsl would be better option . 

1 Message

4 months ago

I live in an apartment in Downers Grove. AT&T had 2 options for internet, Internet 25 and internet air. Internet 25 in my opinion is a joke in this day and age, so I opted for internet air. Worst decision I've made. I like the simplicity of it, just plug and play, but the connection is TRASH. I'm constantly seeing dips in download speeds and upload speeds are almost non existent. I called support to see if I could resolve these issues and they told me to "move the device next to a window". I had previously had the device in the living room near a window and could not get a stable connection. I've moved it in every room in my apartment, as close as I possibly can to the nearest cell tower in my area. Still have issues. My recommendation - Don't waste your money and time with this product and service.

2 Messages

4 months ago

Agree , the speed is not constant , today speed is around 100Mbps (usually I was getting 300Mbps) with cloudy weather , so doesn't looks like speed had effect of weather . The IP still shows of Washington region so maybe AT&T performed some change at their end that resulted in slower speed . 

Another theory I have is maybe it's their way of throttling bandwidth during month end , so will monitor after billing cycle to see if the IP and speed change in next billing cycle . 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.