Trot7474's profile

New Member

 • 

5 Messages

Monday, October 23rd, 2023 1:46 AM

Internet Air

There is fiber 2 roads over from me and I can't get it. Now there is internet air but it's not available in my area either so I'm stuck with 10m dsl. I have att phone service and get perfect 5g signal sp why is internet air not available. I don't understand how att can leave loyal customers stuck with these slow speeds. I'm about ready to cancel all my services with att.

Community Support

 • 

229.9K Messages

4 months ago

Hello @Trot7474, we understand the gravity of your situation and appreciate your patience. Let's help you out.

We have a dedicated team for AT&T internet Air, to speak with our AT&T Internet air customer service team, please contact us at 800.288.2020. They are available 10am-7pm central, 7 days a week.

If you need any assistance, feel free to write back to us.

 

Thank you for contacting AT&T Community Forum.

 

Fiona Q, AT&T Community Forum Specialist

 

Former Employee

 • 

22.1K Messages

4 months ago

Internet Air is a relatively new released product at last report limited to 30 markets and then subject to 5G capacity on the cell tower. As of end September 2023 ATT reports over 25,000 AIR subscribers. Give it a year or two and both location availability and subscribers will increase. My estimate would be end of 2025 for yes or no if will be an option, this is based upon ATT statement that 75% of footprint will be fiber option of hardwired or 5G cell tower by end 2025. 30+million will be hardwired which is 50% of footprint meaning another 15+ million (25%) should have internet AIR as an option.

My estimate for 2026 subscribers is 10 million FTTP and 3 million AIR.

New Member

 • 

5 Messages

4 months ago

I don't see how they expect people to wait that long when the only available speed is 10m on dsl. 

Former Employee

 • 

22.1K Messages

4 months ago

If desire FWA and ATT AIR is not currently available then may wish to consider your other options which could include FWA from other providers in addition to local cable company, (3) satellite companies and possible other WISP.

https://broadbandnow.com/

New Member

 • 

5 Messages

4 months ago

That is my other problem there is nothing else available. 

Former Employee

 • 

22.1K Messages

4 months ago

Zip code?

Your saying HighesNet, ViaSat or StarLink is not available or any cellular hotspot service or another ISP?

There are over 2000 internet providers in the US.

If have internet 10 this is ADSL2+ from either Central Office (in town/city) or Remote Terminal (out of town). During Uverse expansion from 2006 to end 2015 33 million addresses were provided FTTN (,speeds 100, 75. 50, 25) while 24 million were ADSL2+ current speeds of 18, 10, 5, 3, 1.5 and .76. That is 57 million Uverse platform hardwired addresses with another 3+ million in new construction since 2016. A portion will be upgraded (75%) and the other 25% will have same options with no upgrade.

Another provider, wait and see or relocation to an address with desired service are the options. But StarLink is likely best if no cable company and FWA from T-Mobile or Verizon (both cell tower same as ATT AIR).

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.