Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
megaman1977's profile

1 Message

Saturday, September 2nd, 2023 3:54 PM

Internet Air IP address keeps changing

I just got Internet Air and really love the speed for streaming.  
But Hulu Live keeps showing our IP address keeps changing and throwing off our Home location.  
How can we keep this from happening?  
Other streaming services do not seem to be having this issue like Disney plus or Netflix.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

8 months ago

Hey @Hosed - Are you attempting to access Netflix on your TV via a streaming device (i.e. Roku, Amazon FireStick/Cube)?  If so, as an experiment have you tried to access Netflix from your PC/tablet/phone?    When you say Utube is working fine are you referring to YouTube TV - all your local channels are playing back?

9 Messages

8 months ago

Hey@dh11 - no I’m just trying to watch on my LG tv. Both work Netflix and Prime work on my phone & iPad. It is Youtube tv on my LG tv. Utube works on my phone and iPad also. As far as I can see, all that’s not working I Netflix and Prime, but I don’t use any others.

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

8 months ago

Hey @Hosed - Unfortunately, there's so many variabilities in how one interfaces with a streaming service - pre-installed on Smart TV, downloaded to run on a streaming device (FireTV, Roku), an internet browser, iOS device, etc..  Each method has their own way of handling things.  Regarding Netflix, I likely mis-spoke in an earlier post on this thread where I mentioned Netflix doesn't use location - I should clarify it doesn't use location (i.e. IP address) to drive content but does use location to help it maintain account usage.  Try googling "How to set or update a Netflix household" - this might or might not apply to you.

9 Messages

8 months ago

Hey@dh11 - thank you for your info and suggestions. It’s way more than the support team has done for me. The Netflix info looks interesting and maybe worth a try, but I’ve spent hours on this so far, as I’m sure you have. 
Im 72 years old and just can’t afford to waste any more time on this. I still remember whenAT&T used to work. I think I’m returning the Air egg and going back to my old Internet Basic 6 or something.

1 Message

8 months ago

I just got Internet Air up and running this evening and ran into the same issue described above with Hulu, accessed through a Roku device.  Hulu thinks I have moved, and won't play live content unless I change my zip code, presumably to match some randomly assigned IP not correlated to my actual location.

Given the number of streaming services that depend on knowing the user's geographic location to function, I assume AT&T is going to be fixing this right soon.  I've got some time before the trial period expires and will be looking for updates, but the egg will be going back if it isn't resolved before then.  

9 Messages

8 months ago

Yesterday I found that Netflix has started working on my Internet Air, but Prime Video still won’t work. I don’t know why Netflix started working. It wouldn’t connect for 1-1/2 weeks after setting it up, but now does. Will Prime Video magically start too?

9 Messages

8 months ago

Spoke too soon, Netflix won’t work again today. Why would it stream on Internet Air last night, but not today?

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

8 months ago

Hey @Hosed - If I'm remembering right you mentioned ur running both Netflix and Amazon Prime pre-installed apps from TV.   If so, have you tried resetting the TV network settings since you transitioned from your old internet to Internet Air?   Also, can you run a speedtest.net on your computer - it'll try to access the closest server near you (I believe based upon IP address).   How far away is the server from where you reside?

2 Messages

8 months ago

Hosed, I have the exact same problem.  I can access Netflix and Prime on every other device except my LG tv - which is the main tv we use of course.  I can get to hulu, youtube tv, hbo max, peacock, etc with no problems.  But Netflix and Prime won't work.  I also have an issue where I have to "log in" every time I get on my laptop and it takes me to the AT&T air registration page and says to continue registration but then drops it and says that I can't register now.  On my laptop and phone I just close it.  I can access the internet just fine, but the network does show I am connected but don't have internet.  So weird, because I certainly do or I wouldn't be able to access this page.  So far, no one at AT&T has been able to help at all.  And the number the service rep keeps giving is a generic number and I've been bounced around so much I feel like a bouncing ball!  I'm about to see if hiring someone locally could help.  It's unfortunate that the service is actually really really good when it works, but these issues are so frustrating.

9 Messages

8 months ago

Hey @dh11, the last thing I tried was deleting and re-installing the Netflix and Prime Video apps on my LG tv.  Netflix started working but not Prime Video, then the next time I tried it Netflix (7hours later)  working again either. I did reset network settings. 

I cancelled Internet Air yesterday. Tried to return it to the store, but as usual with AT&T, they told me I had to take it to UPS myself. Didn’t have to package it and free return shipping. Again, thank you for your help and suggestions.

I will reply to dhall111 with a little more info.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.