AT&T Internet Air Issues - No HOME WIFI Connection (3 months & counting)
We have been loyal AT&T customers for quite some time. We also live in a rural area where there is a limited number of choices for internet service. As such, we have had AT&T DSL internet service for the past 15 years. Therefore, as you can imagine, we were excited to learn about the prospect of having an updated internet service, the new AT&T Internet Air. On 6/22/23, we ordered the new AT&T Internet Air system. On 6/27/23, we received and installed the AT&T Internet Air system. For approximately 7 days, we had excellent internet service, much better than expected. However, on 7/3/23, for some unknown reason, our internet service was abruptly interrupted. As a result, on 7/3/23, we contacted AT&T Air internet customer service for assistance. For the next several days, we worked with an AT&T Internet Air tech support representative in efforts to resolve the service issues. On 7/10/23, the tech support representative informed us that our existing Internet Air Hub (Hub) was not functioning properly and needed to be replaced. The tech support representative set up a new account and placed a 2nd order for a new Hub replacement. On 7/13/23, we received the 2nd Hub replacement. Unfortunately, after installing the 2nd Hub, we received an E004 error, showing no internet connection. So again, for about a week, we worked with an AT&T Internet Air tech support representative in efforts to resolve the service issues, which included rebooting and resetting the Hub multiple times, with no result. We were told again that the 2nd Hub was not functioning properly and needed to be replaced. As such, on 7/21/23, the tech support representative set up a new account and placed a 3rd order for a new Hub replacement. On 7/25/23, we received the 3rd Hub replacement. However, after installing the 3rd Hub, we again received an E004 error, showing no internet connection. So yet again, for about a week, we worked with an AT&T Internet Air tech support representative in efforts to resolve the service issues. Thereafter, we were informed that due to the multiple accounts that were set up, the 3 previous accounts had to be canceled and a new 4th account had to be set up to resolve the matter. We were informed that the issues involved an internal problem in AT&T’s system; and that the “back office” was aware of the matter and would resolve it shortly.
As of today, 9/21/23, this issue has not been resolved. In summary:
- During this process, we also requested for AT&T to at least reconnect our DSL service but was informed that our DSL was disconnected on 7/19/23 and could not restored.
- We currently have no Home WIFI service
- We cannot use our home systems and appliances that use HOME WIFI
- We run businesses and work from home; and can only use limited hotspot data, which is not sufficient to work from home or run our home businesses effectively
- We have spent over 24+ hours of our valuable time on the phone with several different AT&T representatives
- Most of the AT&T representatives we spoke with promised to find a solution to our issues; however, they did not call us back. They dropped the ball and left us without any resolution to this issue.
- We had to keep calling AT&T reps to follow up and inquire about the status of our service. After multiple calls, we demanded to speak with an AT&T Internet Air Supervisor. We were then referred to Ms. Nima (sp?) to follow up on this matter. Since about 8/15/23, we have been working with Ms. Nima to follow through on the issues with our account. She has been our guiding light throughout this difficult process. Ms. Nima has been gracious, professional, patient, kind, and responsive, in continuing to help us resolve this issue. She has been the only positive factor in this entire process. She has continued to follow up and provide us with updates on the status.
- In early September, after researching the issues, Ms. Nima informed us that the “back office” informed her that they will work on resolving AT&T’s system issues with our account in October.
- As a result, Ms. Nima has vigorously attempted to work with and request for AT&T upper management to address these issues in a timely manner. To our dismay, it appears that AT&T management has done nothing to work on these issues in a timely manner or have offered any alternative solutions for us to have reliable Home internet connection.
- At this point, we feel that having to wait until October is unfair and unacceptable given that this is an AT&T system issue.
- As such, we are demanding that AT&T resolve this matter. We have been patiently waiting for almost 3 months to get our HOME WIFI back in service.
- We request that AT&T properly review the issue as it is a result of problems with AT&T’s internal systems; and connect our HOME internet service ASAP.
Thanking you in advance for your assistance and cooperation.