Check out AT&T's Valentine's Day Gift Guide for ideas & deals on the new Samsung Galaxy S23!
puppetmaster92's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, May 19th, 2022 6:19 AM

Why is customer service so bad?

This has become a pattern with my DSL service. I don't know if the wires in my neighborhood are especially bad but for the last couple of years every time the power goes off even for a few seconds or there is like a thunder storm I lose internet service. It's up to the point when I call I specifically ask to check for an outage. Almost every time I'm told no and lo and behold it was an outage. Customer service has become so bad it feels like satire. I lose internet service on May 8 I call in the asking to check for an outage. The rep makes me go through trouble shooting and then tells me she will setup a repair appointment but strange enough she sees I already have one. She takes my number and email, tells me she will check on it with her supervisor and says I'm all set. I just had a weird feeling about it so I call in a second time and tell the rep check for an outage (because the last rep didn't). He says nope there is no outage, runs his test and makes me do the trouble shooting again. He tells me he will make a repair appointment for me I told him the other rep said I already had one he said there was no repair ticket on my account. He makes the appointment for me takes my number and email. And this is what I find so disrespectful every time they ask for a phone number and email to contact you if anything changes. My appointment comes and go don't receive a call or text message and no one comes to my door. I call in again yes their is an outage so they cancel my appointment. Like why the (Edited per community guidelines) do they even ask you for contact information if they never bother to contact you especially if your appointment is canceled. I hate all this fake helpfulness. Every time they end the call with go to www.att.com/outages to check on the status of the outage or go to their app both are terrible and never work. This rep tells me I will call you everyday until the date it's supposed to be fixed. Calls me once never calls again. Usually you rather talk to a person then a robot but with ATT I rather talk to the robot. What is the point? You get the same automated responses and with the robot at least I know it doesn't know any better.

ATTHelp

Community Support

• 

207.7K Messages

9 months ago

Let us help with getting your service back up and running puppetmaster92.

We're going to need to speak privately, so we can help with getting this resolved for you. Please check the direct message inbox in the top right corner of the screen. We'll be sending you a message shortly.

In the meantime, we'd recommend Managing your Install or Tech Appointment. This article will help you keep track of it.

Looking forward to speaking with you.

Charles, AT&T Community Forums

• 

8 Messages

9 months ago

I talked to a customer service rep and I'll give him small credit for at least being honest. If you have DSL and are effected by an outage your best course of action is to just wait for the lights on your modem to turn green, apparently it is your best recourse. Calling in is just a waste of time. The estimated repair dates are no good because DSL is the oldest service fixing one thing leads to another problem. And apparently they've stopped making parts that need to be replaced so they have to order them. Heads up if you call in and they promise to call you with updates it is lie. Try a supervisor or manager they might follow up on it. You can't check for outages on their website or app. I kid you not when I use att.com/outages I can only see it when I am not signed. Signed out it says there is an outage signed in it is blank.

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

Honestly after several hours of my time and several attempts to fix something as simple as being able to access my accounts online, I will be left with no option but to cancel services for business internet and phone and personal Direct TV services as I have no option left.  If I log in with my user name and passcode I am met with a message saying they need to verify my identity by sending a code to a phone number that is NOT mine.  Then I am told they cannot fix it because I must have an AT&T cell number to give them to replace the wrong one.  The issue is that I do not and cannot get AT&T cell service in the rural area where I live.  How can this be so difficult to fix?  The identity code can't just be sent to the email on file?  I cannot get a paper bill and I cannot log in online to pay and now the card on file has expired.  Unbelieveable that something as simple as this cannot be resolved after 3 lengthy calls (2 of which I get transferred to an escalated tech that I never get to speak to because I am disconnected during transfer each time)  I am on call number 3 and have spent in excess of 4 hours at this time.  Beyond ridiculous...I honestly can say a 6 year old could provide better service.  What a joke. I am shopping for better options as I type. 

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I had a very simple need — replace one of my wireless tv receivers with a wired receiver because I had a new Cat 6 cable installed.  One 45 minute phone call - result: you need a technician to make the swap and they will call within a day to schedule.  Three days later follow up call — just passed 1 hour point — order was cancelled and now in argument with support that wireless will work, although it doesn’t and expert who installed the Cat 6 said wired receiver required.  If this isn’t fixed in ten minutes, I am pursuing alternate providers for all my services (approximately $400/month).

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

@cterry1212   See ya.

This is primarily a customer-to-customer forum so obviously we can't fix anything.  Even if ATTHelp were to show up in the next few mins, they aren't going to be able to fix anything in any sort of quick timeframe.

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Calling Spectrum now!

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

Just spent another 45 minutes on the phone just to schedule a technician service call that was supposed to have been scheduled yesterday.  Last chance for these folks after ten years.

tonydi

ACE - Guru

• 

9.6K Messages

2 months ago

Were you using Pluto Time for that 10 min deadline? 😁

What are the odds the tech shows tomorrow?

my thoughts

Employee

• 

20K Messages

2 months ago

Wireless receiver will work, and be more responsive than a gray model such as 1200 or 330.

Unplug power to the WAP… move the wireless receiver to desired hardwired location. 
Connect the Ethernet at the receiver and other end at the gateway.

Plug power into the receiver, turn on tv.

Will take several minutes for the Wi-Fi set top box to time out, then should be able to depress OK button to make a hardwired connection. After the unit is up and running, then can plug the power back into WAP to restore service to other wireless receivers.

Note, every time you lose power will need to repeat this procedure as on power loss the hardwired receiver will look for the wireless connection first.

Considering how slow the gray receivers are in responding to request from remote I would rather keep the wireless, allows for going back or have a unit to move to a location if one of the other units fail. Plus no $99 installation charge for tech to bring and hookup an older model receiver.

Just my thoughts….

(edited)

spoom2

ACE - Master

• 

17.5K Messages

2 months ago

Must be Spectrum didn't answer their phone.🤔

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.