tjcatlou's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, January 16th, 2016 3:14 AM

Why is AT&T allowed to steal your money?

I signed up for internet and TV service in April of last year.  The line of this despicable company was that these services would cost $59.99 a month.  Since then, I have never gotten a bill anywhere near that amount.  I have called customer service on numerous occasions, and they always assure me that they will correct my bill, but it has never really come down to where it should be, and the last 3 months the bill has been for over $100.

Today I started calling customer service at a little past 8am.  After finally getting their stupid robot to supposedly pass me to a person, I was told several times over (until almost 9 when I needed to start work) that the office was closed and that I needed to call back when the office was open. 

Later, after I left work early to get my call in before their 5pm announced closing, I spent over an hour on the phone.  The robot finally connected me with a person- and I got passed around to 4 different people, all of which told me that they couldn't access accounts that were from Michigan.  The final person I spoke with was a very rude woman who refused to look for my account based on my registered telephone numbers and address, and ended up hanging up on me.  

Tonight I filed a complaint with the FCC- I'm sure they have dozens that are similar in nature.  I will be canceling my service as soon as the the last month that I have been overcharged for is over.  I am also looking at the possibility of filing a small claims court case against this unscrupulus and infuriating company

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

10.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hello @tjcatlou Welcome to the Forums!

I'm very sorry you're having some issues with your bills. Our Social Media Care team will be happy to review your account and help with whatever we can! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.