For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
shortshifter1206's profile

• 

9 Messages

Friday, February 10th, 2023 9:28 PM

Why am I being charged on my bill? I have ACP.

I have been enrolled with the affordable connectivity program for going on 5 months now and haven't received a bill since until today when I checked my emails and received a notification claiming I owe $49/$28 for January and February. I'm very confused as to why this instance occurred without my knowledge or approval. 

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Here is my downloaded bill.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

1 year ago

Your ACP discount was removed on Jan 03.  The $19 is a prorated reversal of the discount from Jan 03 to Jan 21.   I do not know why your ACP discount was removed.  Since ATTHelp hasn't chimed in here, I'd suggest calling the AT&T ACP Center (866-471-0361) to see why it was removed and to get it put back on.

Post back to let us know how successful you are with that.  If that doesn't work, the next step would be a complaint with the BBB or the FCC.

• 

9 Messages

1 year ago

Thank you for your help it's so greatly appreciated. What's crazy is I had contacted ATT awhile back and they had let me know I was taking off the program also, and with no help I had to file I complaint with FCC. I can just email Mike directly thank you so much for all your help.

3 Messages

7 months ago

I really need help very badly also my internet has been shut off I've been with AT&t for 4 months on the ACP program originally $30 a month but I pay zero and I haven't had a bill and they emailed me I just got the emails that I owe $80 this is under nonsense and unprofessional I'm a very low income person and I'm very ill and I need the internet that I signed up for and I tried calling and they want me to pay the bill and I can't pay it they also won't tell me why they're charging me they're like making stuff up I guess I really need help please!?!

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 months ago

The ACP program pays $30/month.  If your bill is more than $30/month, that leaves you something to pay.  There is discounted Internet service available for $30 but that may not be what you have.  If your bill is something more than $30 and you do not pay that something, AT&T will eventually turn off your service.  This forum is primarily customer populated, and we can't see your bills.  If ATTHelp comes along and asks you to join a Direct Message conversation, then you can give them account information in the Direct Message conversation (not here in an open post) and they can look at it.  If I were you, I'd be looking at my bills over the past 4 months and see what's on them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.