For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Michiganclan's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, July 31st, 2014 8:09 PM

Who's running the office?

Seriously!

TWO months ago, my fiancee and I decided that we weren't destined to marry and began to separate our bills.  We contacted AT&T and she put the internet in my name along with the wireless.....and the lies, the difficulties and the frustrations that we have had in the last six months began to expound upon themselves.

Suddenly, my wireless bill went up from a informed 150.00 monthly amount to 213.00 and I was informed that that was that, nothing could be done but a one time 3 month discount applied ALL AT ONCE to the bill, which basically helps one month and then screws me continously from there.  But at least the wireless is in my name and was with no other issue.

But the internet, at my home and my address, continiously is a problem.  My ex contacted the company and got them to approve me altering the account usage amount, which was done (I thought) and again, I was informed that based on my past usage, it should be the right level to cover our usage.  Now I keep on getting these:

Dear AT&T High Speed Internet Service Customer,

We previously notified you that your AT&T High Speed Internet service includes 150 gigabytes (GB) of data for each billing period.

You have reached 65% (or 97.5 GB) of your 150 GB data plan.*

If you exceed your data plan, we will provide you with an additional 50 GB of data for $10. You'll be charged $10 for every incremental 50 GB of usage beyond your plan.

Please visit att.com/internet-usage to review our helpful FAQs, view your personalized usage report**, and take advantage of our data calculator.

Thank you for choosing AT&T.

Sincerely,

Your AT&T High Speed Internet Customer Care Team

Yet, I can't access the bill, can't get an explaination why, if our usage is stable (which I have tracked manually best I can), our charges keep on going up and can't get anyone to TRANSFER the bill like it was supposed to be over ONE MONTH AGO.

I am on a budget as a full-time student, working four jobs and raising two kids on my own.  Every time I call, I get the department for my wireless bill, and they keep on going through it and saying nothing's wrong with it (NO DUH, except the bill amount) and then transfer me to the internet department which knows nothing of my problems and who keep on saying that its not in my name therefore I can't access the info.  My ex says they will call to transfer and no one has, each time I get a call from AT&T, its from the wireless department in India who can't fix my internet bill and transfer me to a department who knows nothing about what's going on!

IS ANYONE WORKING THERE?  Trust me, if I can find another wireless carrier (TMobile is getting a phone call) and a internet provider, AT&T is history.

Thank you for no service.  Kinda like the federal government, you are just taking my money and not even caring how my service is. 

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, Michiganclan!

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about your recent usage and billing issues. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

I have been contacted by ATT Marianna who is a community manager and employee of AT&T in regards to this problem.  Whether this is a solution or another misdirection remains to be seen.  The system wants me to select accept solution in regards to my post.  I will when I see a solution, not before.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

9 years ago

There are several good employees at AT&T and I've managed to get one....plus the field techs are great too, at least the one I have been blessed with experiencing.  I'll accept the solution for the problem based on those too few.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

9 years ago

Little known fact, though it is not a secret either:  Community managers and certain others can accept a solution FOR you, as a service to others who could benifit from their sound wisdom.

Glad to hear, you got some resilution. So many seem willing to complain, but not ready to accept or follow thru on any advice given. And fewer still neglect to mention if the solutions actualy worked for them. (As in, not sharing the good news.) Or, they get an answer not expected, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.