For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
M

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, October 21st, 2020 1:38 PM

unfortunate situation

i do not know how many time i must reiterate, i do not use wifi.

i do not use wifi. 
i do not use wifi.

i do not use wifi.

the "helpful app" could not understand that. and so, again, i state:

"I DO NOT USE WIFI"

the real unfortunate part was getting disconnected from the agent that was handling the issue i have with this company. for those that are not in the know i shall explain.

upon calling to see what my internet options were, i was informed that i could have fiber installed at my current location.  turns out i could not.so instead of the 1000Mbps that i was told i would receive, i have the 25Mbps....if i can get that speed, that is. the real unfortunate part is this: i need this internet to stream. though i am only starting to stream, it is my source of income.

i was lied to by a representative of this company and now it is costing me potential income."we are working to get fiber installed to more locations" is rhetoric that holds no value to me.

i was lied to for the sake of what?

as the consumer, this is an outrage and, with all honesty, the deal i got is nowhere what i was informed i could receive from the website i used to check for availability.

even when i told the salesman that i could not get fiber installed at my current location, from using said website, i was told otherwise and that is how this company swindled me for my money.

yes, swindled.

i was deceived into believing that i would get something that was apparently too good to be true.
i also find it "convenient" that as i expressing my dissatisfaction with the agent "chris" my live chat was disconnected and attempts to reconnect were met with the "not available at this time" message.

i do hope there is a resolution for this where i am met halfway.

i am already there.
installation fee and 1 bill in the books for the company while i am left with an issue to resolve.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

4 years ago

If fiber is not available at your location, there is no half-way point where you can be met.  You can either get Fiber or you can't.  If you can't get Fiber, you can often get FTTN (which sounds like your situation).  Maybe you should think of FTTN as being met half way.

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

as long as there is a resolution to this situation. i am waiting to find out what at&t is willing to put on the table since, as far i am concerned, there is nothing there but empty an empty sales pitch......

but, i do appreciate the response and the information.

how realistic is fttn. a block away from where i live there are new duplexes that were built about 6-8 months ago that have fiber. i know that doesnt mean much but.....you know...lol

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

4 years ago

To be perfectly honest, your original post is a bit of a disjointed ramble.  Happens when you're really upset.

What is it, specifically, that AT&T is providing you now, and what is it, specifically, that you want AT&T to do for you instead?

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.