Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
no_where_to_go's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Dec 18, 2014 10:25 PM

Redundant billing

In september I upgraded my  DSL service from 3Mbit to 6Mbit. Since then I am being billed for both the old service and the new service. I was billed $49 for two months and now I see there is a late notice and a bill for $104.50. I have talked with several AT&T service agents in an attempt to resolve the issue. If AT&T is unable to resolve this within seven days I will be contacting the FCC and the Illinois Attorney General. If the problem persists I will be terminating my account with AT&T.

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

7 y ago

Hello @no_where_to_go 

Thank you for sending us a private message. One of our managers sent you an email couple of days ago, did you get you to see it yet?

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 y ago

Hello, Yes I did receive a reply. The service representative stated that she would terminate my old service and provide credit on the bill for that service with the exception of a $6.50 late charge. I went ahead and paid the $6.50 in hopes that the requests for payment cease. I think I should receive credit for the $6.50.  I am still receiving paper statements requesting payment for the service that should have been terminated in September. I am going to ignore the request for payment but I would like to see them stop as I am concerned that AT&T will send a report of non-payment to the credit agencies.
Also, on Monday 12/22/2014 our internet service ceased operating. I am guessing that the termination request for account: 0812446370604 caused our service to be disconnected even though the 0812816533830 account should have been active. We called AT&T to assist with getting the connection reestablished. Part of the process was to log into the DSL modem as part of the registration process. We were unable to log into the modem. A second call resulted in the service agent offering U-verse plan. Since we had so much trouble with the DSL service I accepted the U-verse offer. Should my U-verse plan work for me I shall be suprised.
I will say that this has all been a horrible experience. Without exception all the service representatives I spoke with reassured me that they would help me, they understood my situation and generally tried to be supportive. I find no fault with any of the representatives. But somewhere in the AT&T system there is a disconnect. Somehow none of my requests were acted upon and things just seemed to get worse. It was obvious that the service representatives were schooled in how to be patient, reassuring and act helpful but those sentiments do not translate into correct action. I am at loss to understand how AT&T would conduct business in this manner.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.