Announcements
Learn how you can Preorder the iPhone 13 now!
RoyIII's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Apr 1, 2016 11:52 PM

Promotions End

My promotions have ended and my monthly fees have doubled.  Called ATT this afternoon.  The automated attendant informed me that the wait time was 1 minute.  25 minutes later I finally got to a representative.  He was nice, but said that there was no promotions available.  I requested to talk to a supervisor.  He tried to find a supervisor but he said there was none available in the .  I explained that Time Warner sent me a promotion with much faster internet and similar service for $90.  The representative said he would have his supervisor call me on Monday?  After 1 hour on the phone I got nowhere.  I really do not want to leave ATT but it seems like they are no longer competitive and willing to work with you. 

Responses

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hi @RoyIII,

Our promotions are designed to expire as with other providers. If you log into your account at att.com, you can check to see what is available. We will be glad to help as well. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Provide your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, and phone number. We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems.

Keep an eye on the envelope.png at the top right corner of your screen for a response. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Hi RoyIII,

Very similar experience here--I have had internet service with sbcglobal (bought out by AT&T), then AT&T DSL followed by AT&T uVerse for about 15 years, always at a reasonable cost.  I had a good promotion for the past year, but when it ended my internet service cost doubled.  At $69 (counting the modem/router rental) for 18 MB/s, the service was no longer competitive, but I was told there were no promotions available.  So after 15 years with AT&T, and not wanting to switch, I just switched internet to Time Warner cable for $35/month (using my own router) for 50 MB/s (one year promo).  It was a hassle, but I needed to do it.  I was surprised that AT&T has lost their competitive edge!

gjwolf131

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

5 y ago

Buddy I hear you loud and clear. Same thing happened to me. For 16 years i always received a internet promotion. Somewhere between 35% - 50%. I also dealt with various salespeople. One dumber then the next. 

End result the AT&T representative from the Retention Department told me to call Time Warner. And i did. Low internet speed $14.99 month. Plus you can use your own equipment. I already started moving all my bill paying accounts from AT&T Email address over to Gmail. 

AT&T has no customer loyality programs. So please don't think you have to be loyal to them. To AT&T your just money in the bank. Move on.

Also keep in mind. Your your voice is the best advertising vehicial. Tell everyone about you terrible experience with AT&T.

You can get a higher internet speed from Time Warner for just a few bucks more. AT&T wants $42.00 for 2-3

Run and don't look back.

My bill went from $26.00 per month to $52.00 just for AT&T U-Verse Internet. RIP OFF

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

5 y ago

Just last week I was given the same discount I had for the previous year. $25 total discount for tv and Internet. Send the social media team the requested info and see what they offer you.

I called and asked for retentions. Be aware if you have uverse tv they'll offer directv. You can keep uverse tv. Just tell the retentions person that if you have and want to keep uverse tv.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hey @RoyIII,

We have received your private message and look forward to working with you to get this sorted.

ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 y ago

I am having the same communications problems.  First it's hard to get by there robo answering machine to actually talk to a retention manager.  For two weeks off and on, I've have tried calling with no success.  And then they have these terrible teenage salespeople calling me all the time to upgrade my tv package.  I really feel that AT@T is not acting quickly enough to survive in this fast changing tv market.  They're like Blockbuster Video, clueless.  With all the streaming services available now, how can they not change?  

I find them very unresponsive now that my one year commitment is up, and they don't even seem to be planning any streaming or ala carte options.  Finally I was able to chat with one of they're reps on the website, and he was very helpful, but unfortunately not the retention manager I needed.  All and what's up with the website?  It's constantly trying to log me off after 10 minutes, freezes in a lot of areas, and is just not user friendly.  Just scrolling down, trying to compare the meager tv plans they offer is mind blowing at best

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @DaHood,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to help. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

We will get back to you as soon as possible via email. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Voyager

• 

1 Message

5 y ago

Hi, I called the retention department today because I found better offers with Time Warner. I explained the offers to ATT and asked if they had comparable pricing or offers. The retention agent came back with higher pricing. I currently have 18 Mbps with ATT and Time Warner is offering 100 Mbps at a way lower rate. ATT didn't seem like they wanted to retain me. I pay all my bills on time with ATT and have my cell phone service with them as well. I asked to speak to a supervisor to see if their was anything they could do and the agent said none were available. Additionally, the ATT agent informed me their would be a $15 disconnection fee. In the end it looks like ATT doesn't make any effort to retain their customers. Looks like I'll have to review offers from other carriers. Thanks!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @Josephgarza,

We are sorry for your inconvenience. We will be glad to see if anything can be done with promotions and discounts for account. Please send us a detailed message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, 9 digit U-verse account number, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

We will get back to you as soon as possible via email. In the meantime, let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

Why does it have to be so difficult?? I got a bundle quoted by one person one day, and when I called back two days later, the CSR not only couldn't offer that bundle price, but said they couldn't even see where the first CSR got that number!  Then she said there was nothing she could do to help me, but look to see if my bundle components could be downgraded to lower the price. Why? Why? Why?

ham3843

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

5 y ago

@Josephgarza wrote:
 Additionally, the ATT agent informed me their would be a $15 disconnection fee. 

Wow, just.....wow....more LIES from the customer NO service phone reps!!??Smiley Frustrated

browndk26

ACE - Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

5 y ago

josephgarza,

I have never had any trouble contacting retentions. I've never had to pay a higher price for what I currently have. Where do you see TWC offering 100 Mbps? The most I see offered is 50. It is not way less than the 18 Mbps from att. 50 Mbps is a better price per Mbps at TWC than att but not way less. How much is TWC offering you for 100 Mbps? What will the price be after their promotion ends?
gjwolf131

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

5 y ago

Time Warner has AT&T beat hands down on pricing. I'm making the change as soon as my modem shows up. AT&T pricing has become absurd. My internet bill went from $26.00 to $56.00. Crazy price for 6 m's of service.

I also just read a email from AT&T beginning in May if you exceed a certain amount of air time they are going to charge you an additional fee of $10.00

It was in the note/mail at the top of my email AT&T bill.

I also found out that AT&T made a deal with the government to provide internet to anyone receiving SNAP/ Food Stamps for a fee of $10.00 per month. In exchange the government gave AT&T the OK to move forward with Dish TV service. 

Don't walk away. Run

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 y ago

browndk26, I also haven't had problems contacting the customer loyalty/retention folks. And the people I have spoken to have been very pleasant. I first called to see what kind of offer I could get to keep from changing carriers. Great guy helped me, gave me a quote of $128/mo if we switched out bundle to the DirecTV option. Or we could keep what we currently have, for essentially the same price we had before our promotions expired- $157. I went with the DirecTV option, not realizing it would necessarily involve a dish mounted on the house. He never mentioned the dish specifically, just "equipment."

After I realized about the dish, I called to cancel the DirecTV installation. Again, very nice CSR. She cancelled the installation, looked at available promotions, and said there was nothing she could do except check with her supervisor. A few moments later, she came back - the supervisor wasn't willing to offer anything. Additionally, she couldn't verify the offer I had gotten two days prior to keep everything the same. I gave her the guy's name, the time I called, the time the call ended. So...after dealing with AT&T Customer Loyalty Reps (again, both CSRs were quite pleasant), service cost increasing to $213/mo. or I switch to Charter Spectrum. Why do they have a Customer Loyalty department?

ham3843

Scholar

• 

421 Messages

5 y ago

@browndk26 wrote:
josephgarza,

I have never had any trouble contacting retentions. I've never had to pay a higher price for what I currently have.?

Lucky you. I guess the rest of us are just not as lucky as you, but you are an ACE, so perhaps they give you perks like you mention above. Smiley Sad

New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.