BVCmanager's profile

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 14th, 2024 10:49 PM

Poor Business Practice and Failed Account Closure

I recently took over as the practice manager of a business that was utilizing AT&T dedicated business internet at $540/month for 20mbps upload and download speeds. Upon realization of the outrageous monthly bills, I contacted AT&T to see what our options were. I was told by the AT&T representative Chrissy Harvey on 11/29/23 that she would be able to close the dedicated account and open a fiber account at 1GIG speeds for $171/month. I verified with her verbally as well as an emailed follow up that there would be no termination fees for the $540/month plan and that it would be closed the same day that we opened the fiber account. She reassured me that this was true. About two weeks ago I realized that the company card was being charged for both accounts. At this point, I reached out to AT&T to ask why the card was still being charged if we closed this account. The AT&T representative assured me that the dedicated internet account had been closed and that I needed to wait 60 days for our final account closure invoice. At this time, the two additional $540 charges would be refunded to the card on file. 

I received a call last week from AT&T dedicated business sales advising me that my account was closed and asking if I would like to reinstate the account. I advised I did not want to, as I already have switched to AT&T fiber. 

Today I received another invoice for $540. I called AT&T to inquire as to why this invoice was produced if the account was closed. I was bounced around many times throughout AT&T's phone numbers trying to reach the appropriate person to help me with my issue. Today's string of numbers included 800-235-7524, 800-321-2000, 800-247-2020, 800-750-2355, 800-235-7524. All of which were unable to help me with my concern. The last phone number asked me for a disconnect number, advised me that the account was never closed and referred me back to Chrissy's manager's phone number which includes a voicemail box that has not been set up. 

This is the absolute worst experience I have ever had with any company and I do not know how else to resolve my issue. I have emailed and called Chrissy's manager, but with my recent experience I am not hopeful I will receive a response. I am hoping I can receive escalated support here, as all of the phone numbers I have been provided do not offer any sort of assistance.

Former Employee

• 

22.2K Messages

2 months ago

Not sure when the account was setup but ATT DEDICATED BUSINESS requires a 2 year contract.

Will want to check the Terms Of Service agreement for policy and procedures. 

Unlike residential service which only allows one account per address you can have multiple accounts associated with business address. 

DEDICATED BUSINESS has an SLA while regular business accounts fo not, if internet is a life blood that can become important. Could your business go a week without internet?

Pricing for DEDICATED can be several thousands per month, but starts around $500 for internet 10/10, I believe internet 1000/1000 is about $2000 per month.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Hi My Thoughts,

I believe it had been about two years. Regardless, the AT&T representative assured my verbally and in writing that there would be no termination fee and that the account would be closed effective 11/29/23.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.