For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
K

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 29th, 2020 6:25 PM

No service for the first time in my area

This is the first home after 3 homes that i cannot transfer my internet to because att internet is not available at my new home. They sure know to make people feel bad about getting a new home. No house warming for me, everyone i know in my zip code had no problem obtaining att internet at their home so tell me how unsettling this must be for me. I called over a month in advance of my move to only hear them keep saying that services should be available by the end of the month . A month has passed im moving in my new home & its the same answer when i call att , service will be available soon. This is so ridiculous to me smh FORGET HOME SWEET HOME IS THE MESSAGE ATT IS SENDING ME

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

3 years ago

By new home, referring to NEW CONSTRUCTION home or purchased an EXISTING home?

Existing home, if service is available should be in the database to order or transfer...

IF new construction can immediate neighbors to left and right order service? If yes call and ask for an address validation, if no, then service has not been expanded to that area (yet).

80% of addresses within ATT 21 state footprint can receive some platform type of UVERSE service of ADSL2+ (20 million), VDSL FTTN (27 million) or FTTP direct fiber (14 million).

For the other 20% (15 million) will be cell tower internet service of either FIXED WIRELESS (1.1 million within 18 states) or HOMEBASE HOTSPOT. 

If your address is supported by a different telco such as CenturyLink, Frontier, TDS, Windstream, etc then ATT would not be an option. My zip code (53188) is 92% ATT and 8% CenturyLink... you get choice of one or the other based upon your address within the zip code.

To check ISP options within your zip code including percentage of coverage.... https://broadbandnow.com/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.