Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
beecauseisaidso's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tue, Jun 15, 2021 7:36 AM

mY TECH HAS NO CALL NO SHOWED YET AGAIN. Has anyone EVER successfully done anything but pay their bill on this app OR site???

I cannot take this company anymore, I really think I could have campaigned with ym neighbors to get competition to bring their serves on down the road for the tristate AREA if I could have back the time wasted, a COMPLETE circle (Edited per community guidelines)-trying to get a tech out to do their JOB, or someone on the phone to tell me if there's simply an outage because even THAT is too much for the app or we(Edited per community guidelines)ite. I've used 3 laptops, a netbook, 4 androids and 2 iphones and an ipad trying to use their site and no matter what I use, I click the right thing and it basically tells me to sign in to see it and Im already in and I do it AGAIN and then I'm back to the page that told me to SIGN IN. I wanted to check my ticket number after spending a day off work staring out the window like a DOG, while my DOG is locked in the pen all dang day to protect their precious ghost techs from literally nothing-because ooooooh he'll ELAVE if I have a dog and he'll LEAVE if I don't have a mask and he'll LEAVE if he pulls up and texts and I don't immediately reply? (Edited per community guidelines)!!!! They'd have to show up FIRST! I have had weeks without internet and it became (Edited per community guidelines) by Feb 22. I was still trying to get a tech out in mid march. First time no call no show but I saw the drunk checking out with a 32 ounce modelo at the corner store at 2pm .5 miles from my house. I relent and trade my sanity and call eventually usually because thats what Im into on my ONE day off a week, and I swear if I hear that robot say one more time that I can avoid this call if I use their app I'm going to click. I finally got a new tech appointment after lazy boy ghosted the first time, then they call at work to troubleshoot AGAIN-all we had done 3x before they said it's on their end and made the appointment-so I said hey I exist outside of your crap service, no. SEND him, Im done being led back to the same site page and starting point when it's a call. And I stupidly asked if she had my son's number down still, because he was home and I was working fduring the 54 hr window of my appointment, and she says we can't do that, and Im like uh yea you already did that, EASILY, give me a supervisor Im not losing this appointment because I get called at work and miss it, allowing him to bail. And Im transferred and they tell me I don't HAVE an appointment and I KNEW I did. 2 LITERAL hours later, I have a new one-or do I? I mean the very FIRST appointment-before ghosting day- they had made it for my landline. I DONT HAVE A LANDLINE. This new appointment, indicating the 12 collective hours between two of us on the phone was for (Edited per community guidelines)-was 10 days beyond the first one Id waited 9 days for after the other first one he bailed on and the OTHER FIRST ONE MADE FOR A NONEXISTENT PHONE LINE WHAT PLANET AM I ON YALL DONT SEEEEEEE THERE IS NO PHONE IT IS DSL DUMMIES LOOK AT THE SCREEN WITH YOUR INTERNET THAT SEEMS TO NEVER WORK FOR ANYONE BUT YOU!!!!! 
So. Fine. THEN an hour later I get ASNOTHER CALL AT WORK telling me hey we are calling because it's showing a signal at your house and we'd like to TROUBLESHOOT and see if you need TOMORROW'S TECH STILL omg yall...the tech that didn't EVER exist on the other two screens an hour ago??? (Edited per community guidelines). I said Im DONE troubleshooting i don't CARE if it's on-it comes on for 30 minutes when a unicorn crosses the moon here and there-i want a TECH. I EARNED a TECH!!!!! And I get, "SDo you want us to cancel tomorrow's tech, will do!" Yall I am so easy to deal with I empathize I relate but I have lost my ability to even coddle these people, nobody is this stupid no one company can be this inept!!! AFTER MAKING HER REPEAT W ME 2 TIMES THAT MY APPOINTMENT WAS STILL ON, I hang up with a new eye twitch and he ACTUALLY SHOWED UP THE NEXT DAY!!! And points the issue outside to my son and fixes it. Cool! Then a week later my son calls and says theyre texting to confirm the OTHER appointment made when they suddenly couldnt SEE THE OTHER APPOINTMENT and I said confirm it. They waste my time, eat my money up for no service and then get more money from my data add ons on-you guessed it-an AT&T prepaid line, so my kid can do school and have an antenna basically, so 
YEA they can send #2 out of 6 out and let him go behind the last guy.
WELL thank God he did because HE said other dude didnt do much of squat and it wouldve been out again the first rain. 
HE fixed it then. THEN I got a 3 dollar bill and a 50% off bill the month after-didn't expect it, won't be thankful for it, they should be paying ME at this point. I can't just drop my contract but they can NOT provide service for weeks, waste my TIME and profit on another leg of their company? I think 1.5 months is insulting, so BOO!!!! 
Fast forward from late March/early April's successful service and it goes out again the wednesday before Memorial Day weekend's start. My. God. I try checking for outages, an hour later I give up and call the dum dums and yea it's an outage. Comes back for an hour at a ime once a day for about 5 days, call again. Get told 5 days from that. Call again after, told 9 days, told no signal at junction box outside or something-idk if this is the same as the area's outage initially confirmed.Offer to send a tech-whoopee!- and have him bring a new router/modem combo-"free" i.e. paid for 20 times over in sanity and loss of services-so I'm like GREAT! Scheduled for June 14th, 1 to 5pm. Just another 4 daysish. Lovely. Next morning, called. "I'm calling to troubleshoot you through so we can avoid the tech." My. GOD. I was late for work and had to apologize for my snapping tone and firm boundary but I told her" I am DONE. We DID this. A LOT. Confirmed it's YOUR crap OUTSIDE. SEND. THE. TECH. Apology accepted by her, confirms the tech still coming. Buh bye. Get the text, says be there the 14th before 9pm. As usual, never once has the text been the time frame confirmed on voice, but hey just another perk of dealing with fools. I sit here ALL (Edited per community guidelines) day. I lock up my Great Oyrense and spend the day watering him and listening to sad howls. ALL so their lazy tech can NOT call and NOT show and the app can NOT let me get to my ticket number and their chat robot can NOT help by telling to call the number NOBODY mans at 12am so I can go to bed with the same problems. And yea this is a lot of grammar and spelling problems and it's all over the place and I'm not ficing it just like they arent fixing what I pay for. I work harder than any of them just trying to get what I pay for, I am tired, this stole my day, I couldve kept my dr appointment and gone into work after, I couldve been with my family, but instead I waited on someone that was probably passed out drunk behind the wheel a mile away. Im disgusted by how BAD the app, the ability to see my info and appointments and know a landline was never here, Im nauseous that they are in business.  It is ALL set up to screw the customer. When you take money for a service you don't provide, you're a THEIF and that is ALL A T & T is and I will watch and smile, popcorn in hand when they finally go the way of Cellular one, cable companies, Bellsouth, and the numerous other companies that thought their services were necessity and monopolized the market and gouged the prices and crapped on the customers. Competition is coming and I look forward to my grandkids (oldest kid is 22-won't be long, twats.) look at me and say "what in the world was an a t t??"  Im so wound up over this blatant stupidity, I just lost another hour before sleep just to post this and if you see it and are considering their service, DO NOT. It's a TRAINWRECK. Not even possible they're this stupid and lack this ability to view account details-they literally just choose to ride the clock and pick their nose and drink and steal your money. I can't get what I pay for but someone yall make use an American name is helping me from a thatch hut in phillipines during covid with lightning fast speed? Yea. Liars. Much like the fiber optic (Edited per community guidelines) they have the nerve to try to upsell me on WHEN I AM CALLING OVER THEIR CRAP SERVICE, when the csr and I BOTH know there is no fiber, theyre still using coaxial. Just pathetic. I told them, dont you dare try to upsell me. I will NEVER upgrade a THING (not an upgrade, just a fake catchy word when you don't actually stop using the old coax dummies, plus the upload is SLOWER) when they cannot provide what I'm already paying for. xfinity is .5 miles down my road and I'm calling the engineering dept tomorrow to find out how many neighbors I need to commit to actual wifi for them to bring it on down to me. And I am going to LOVE calling and telling these (Edited per community guidelines) to shove it when I do. I cannot STAND companies like this. SICK DO YOUR JO(Edited per community guidelines) OR AT LEAST STOP WASTING MY TIME FOR YOU TO NOT SHOW ANYWAY. MY GOODNESS WHAT PLANET AM I ON

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.2K Messages

6 m ago

Reality is they are short staffed on techs because of the pandemic. This has unfortunately led to a lot of missed appointments, or at least in-time reschedules. If a job takes longer than anticipated, or someone calls out sick (or mandatory quarantine as many businesses are very cautious right now), or some other personal emergency then there aren't enough techs to cover down.

But if you have had this happen multiple times, I would consider a BBB complaint as that hits the corporate level. Otherwise simply calling and scheduling another appointment is what you can do.

As a side not for future questions or discussions, please put breaks somewhere in your post (separating paragraphs). A wall of text (multiple pages as a single paragraph) is just painful to read, so many will just skip over missing details or avoid it altogether.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Yeah I agree with you, I just didn't care anymore and I still don't. The amount of time and effort I've put into sit here for no reason whatsoever, I have no sympathy. If they don't have the decency to send an update or call or even text send a letter in the mail, I don't care, when you make an appointment show the (Edited per community guidelines) up. And if you can't, quit taking my money. They are the only ones struggling during the pandemic or having issues. And I better things to do at work then ride somebody else's clock talking to somebody on the phone making appointments that nobody has any intentions of actually keeping her following up on. It's pathetic. It's poor business practice. I don't care what's going on, if they clock in they need too do their (Edited per community guidelines) job or stop sending the bill for nothing- right on time. 

I've tried to get in touch with AT&t five times since this happened, in addition to living my actual life, they close at 10:00 Central tonight but they have been closed since 9. Because they're lazy. It's just maddening that you can't even get in touch with the supervisor. Their customer service representatives are expected to sell services and up sale, and then nobody holds them accountable by even being reachable. I wonder what the problem is.

(edited)

Juniper

ACE - Expert

• 

29.2K Messages

5 m ago

As a business they would rather book what they have available, then leave open availability for "just in case". They don't make money by having open slots just sitting there. Hopefully though the coming months their staffing levels will begin returning to normal as a lot of these restrictions and adjustments from Covid are pulled back.

Agents over the phone do not follow-up on appointments at all as that is not an option of theirs. They go by what is available in the computer. Those agents are all over the country, or in some cases outsourced, so have no personal interaction with techs or the dispatch center the techs are assigned from.

You accuse them of being lazy just because you are not accommodated. Reality is that call center agents and techs on site are some of the groups hit hardest by the pandemic. I agree that at least notification should go out when it is verified an appointment cannot be made so you can reschedule accordingly instead of a no notice/no show, though I suspect because of the above reasons they are swamped there as well.

In the end they must do what is best for the business, even if there are customers inconvenienced because of it. This is certainly not how they intend to always be, just the conditions until their staffing levels return to a sense of normalcy. So you can simply be patient and deal with the situation that is not ideal (for either the business or the customer), submit a BBB complaint to let the corporate level know your grievance, or try switching to another company.

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.