H

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, March 24th, 2020 11:41 AM

My Internet is not working.

My Internet is not working.

The two "broadband" LEDs keeps blinking RED/GREEN and the "SERVICE" LED never torns ON.

I can't get enyone at AT&T to pick up the phone.

I have reached the automated "troubleshoot" several times and and followed the "reboot" procedure dozens of times.

I can never get a real person to fix it.

Is there an e-mail or another phone I can call?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

4 years ago

Sounds like you have a partially disrupted connection outside the home. This will take a tech visit to resolve, so you'll have to contact 800.288.2020 and put up with very long wait times and also a delay in scheduling a tech. There is no email support.

Lots of people are being inconvenienced by the current situation. Sharply reduced call center staffing, technicians not available to work due to health or family issues, record-setting call volumes and a growing service backlog are causing difficulty in getting through to AT&T (and the other communication companies, judging by social media). You'll have to keep trying and be patient.

• 

2 Messages

@davemize I managed to get someone to pick up the call at 4:00 am after waiting 1 hour on the line. They said my modem is broken and they are shipping a new one to my house, which they said will take 3 to 5 days.

I agree that the problem most likely is outside my house, and I fear that I will wait one week to finally figure out I will have to go through all the hussle of trying to get someone on the phone again.

Meanwhile I'm trying to get some other provider installed so I can get rid of AT&T for good.

Thanks for the reply!

ACE - Professor

• 

3.7K Messages

Those symptoms could be a faulty gateway, its true. When in the field, though, I saw a lot more broken connections than I did broken gateways. When you get the replacement, let us know how it goes.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking...."

(I am NOT a current AT&T employee. This forum is composed mostly of other users. An AT&T Customer Support person may respond to your message, but this isn't guaranteed. Support is also available at 800.288.2020.)

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.