Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
RuralKansas's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tuesday, September 16th, 2014 12:15 AM

Is there no one who knows about Uverse AND DSL account billing?

I switched from DSL to U-Verse a month ago, and was told that the DSL account would be cancelled.

I received a letter today that says I have "ignored all attempts to collect payment" of $49 -- and when I called AT&T, the U-verse people say my account is current with a -0- balance.  So I asked about the old DSL account, and they can't help with that. So they transfer me to the DSL people, and the call is disconnected.

I call back, tell the U-verse people to pass me on to the DSL people -- and they can't find the record of my old account. So they try to transfer me to their Accounts Receivable, and the call is disconnected.

I call back, tell the U-verse people to pass me on to the Accounts Receivable people -- and end up with the U-verse Accounts Receivable, who can't help me. So they try to transfer me to the DSL Accounts Receivable, and the call is disconnected. (And by now I'm asking each person to stay on the line until a person actually answers -- but they don't do it.)

I call back, tell the U-verse people to pass me on to the DSL people and then tell them to pass me on to their Accounts Receivable -- and I finally get a person! It's Bob! He looks up my old record and yep, I have an outstanding balance -- of $4.90. Not $49, but $4.90. We confirm the account number and he says, Yep, it's $4.90. Then he asks what I'm planning to do with the information. (Weird way to ask the question, I thought.)

But I told him I would pay it, if I was sure that $4.90 was all I owed. I said, in fact, I'd pay $49 if I was sure it would be properly credited -- but since the letter I got threatened to "interrupt" my service and turn the bill over for collection, I wanted to make very sure that would happen.

So Bob said I needed to go back to customer service, so he transfers me and -- you guessed it -- the call is disconnected.

By this time I had been on the phone for better than an hour -- and I had searched the entire AT&T site to see if I could find a different customer service number or an email address for customer service. (And, of course, I checked my account balance online; it shows I am current with a -0- balance.)

I'm going to try again Tuesday -- but for tonight I thought I'd try this. Maybe some AT&T employees is monitoring these forums and can help....

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @RuralKansas Welcome to the forums!

I'm so sorry you're still having some issues with your service and billing, our team will be happy to help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here. Please include your full name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.