Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums

New Member


1 Message

Thu, Oct 29, 2020 2:19 AM

Internet overpayment and stop the prepaid plan.



I overpaid the internet payment and I want it to refund.

But I canceled my account already.

How do I refund it?

And I using a prepaid plan on my phone. I want it to cancel or just stop for a few months. 

Where can I go to do this? 


Thank you.


Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Brand User

Community Support


140.9K Messages

a month ago

Hi @HyunAJ,


Thank you for reaching out. We are more than happy to take a closer look into this for you.


Concerning your wireless prepaid plan, you can disable autopay or stop paying into the plan. After 60 days of non-payment, the account automatically cancels.


For your internet plan overpayment, a check with the balance will usually be mailed to you within 6 weeks of account cancellation.


If after 6 weeks of cancellation, you have not received the check, please let us know.


Doyin, AT&T Community Specialist.

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

New Member


1 Message

a month ago

I have the same issue. Paying $80 for almost a year for 100 mbps and converted it to 1000 and I pay $60. Please refund me the difference. Thanks.

Get started...

Ask a new question