Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
sidney1994's profile

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

Sunday, April 30th, 2023 6:40 PM

Internet and Land Line Telephone Service

I appreciate any and all replies as getting help from AT&T is next to impossible (calling is my last resort because I don't enjoy getting stuck on a phone call for several hours). I am paying about $40 a month for internet, but it's kind of more like $100 a month because I am paying about $60 for a land line that I never use. I've gone back on forth on this over the years about whether I need to land line and I think the last time that I signed up for the land line was because it made the entire package cheaper (back then I also had DirecTV).

What I would like to know is do I need to have land line service for my internet connection and if I don't is AT&T just going to increase the prices on everything else if I cancel that service (I currently use AT&T for cellular, internet, and land line)?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

22.5K Messages

1 year ago

You have Uverse VOIP service (ATT Phone) with connection coming from the gateway (phone light on at gateway panel)?

If yes this is normally around $30 to $35 a month for phone service and receive a $10 discount off internet. Cancelling the phone saves money but your internet bill will increase.

The taxes and fees will may the phone portion higher but actual charge for North America calling plan with unlimited minutes was around $35. Traditional phones service is likely $45 to $60 depending on plan.

https://www.att.com/home-phone/

Contributor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Phone light lit (attaching two pictures of my connections. You are saying that I do not need to have a land line for internet to work (I realize that my mind may still be in the early 2000's on this thought) but having the land line gives discounts to other services?

Thanks for your help.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.