Our Community Forum will be shutting down on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
coolestmage's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Thursday, August 31st, 2017 7:50 PM

Incorrect profile for new 75mbps internet plan

I had someone out today to do some work on my line and those repairs have been completed. The last person here suggested I go ahead and upgrade to the 75mbps plan and that the line could handle it. I've done this and I received my confirmation email. I've confirmed the changes are reflected on my account.

However, my router still shows a Bonded Downstream Rate of 55232. In my research I've found that often times the incorrect (provisioning?) profile is responsible for this. Mine must currently be set to 55. For the new speed I need to have this increased right? I tried the online chat but they didn't know what I was talking about.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

On my previous 45mbps plan I was using only a single line. I had a lineman come out recently and clean up some splices that were causing errors. Once he had done this he told me that I was on a N card. This leads me to believe I am on 17a. He is actually the one that suggested that I was eligible for the 75mbps plan. He said the change should be automatic. After placing the order and having it go through both lines are now active but my downstream bonded rate remains 55M. Nothing is scheduled in my account. Why would the plan change but not the profile?

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I still haven't been able to get this resolved. This is ridiculous.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Router.JPG

As you can see both are active and the max attainable is over 115. The tech told me numerous times that the change would be automatic. The order went through and I haven't heard anything else.

1 Attachment

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I don't know. I don't see that information anywhere. Like I said before though, my previous 45mbps plan was on line 1 only, so that leads me to believe 17a.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

My nvg589 does not have protocol listed in the status page.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

I rebooted the router and according to the logs both lines came up as 17a.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Why is it so hard to get some help? Online chat was useless, I've PMed @ATTCares on here over a week ago and received no response. I've also messaged ATT on facebook and am still waiting to hear back about whether they can help me or not.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

7 years ago

Router.JPG

Well I was finally able to get someone to change my profile over to 90M. Now I have a new problem... My speed tests sometimes hit 80mbps, but most of the time they are around 20mbps. Does anything look wrong with the line stats my router is showing me?

1 Attachment

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.