J

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Feb 6, 2020 7:37 PM

Im not paying for service I never had.

I began an internet subscription at my moms house summer of the last year. I opted to hook it up myself. When I received the modem and installed it there was no internet. I tried to schedule an appointment to have the internet installed and a technician came out and ran a line to the house but still no internet was inside the home.

I refused to pay the bill since I was getting no service. I explained that to ATT who in turn sent another technician out. The technician called me and said that he didnt have the equipment to bury the line and assured me there was no internet in side the house. I said there was no reason to bury the line yet since there was no internet. A month or two went by and I was still being charged.

Eventually my mom called my brother in law who changed the jacks (we tried to have ATT do it but could not find an accommodating time with her schedule). After which I called ATT and paid a restoral fee and a late service fee to have the internet turned back on. I was assured the previous charges would be dropped. They were not.

I was forced to call back at that point and cancel the service since Im not paying a dime for the months I was charges for nothing. So naturally I was charged an early termination fee for that too.

Today I now battle harassing debt collectors who are damaging my credit as I try to purchase a home. I will never recommend or use your service again.

Went through a smaller company and haven't had any issues since.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

797 Messages

2 y ago

Hello,

For any issues, home services technical support can be reached at 800. 288. 2020

• 

2 Messages

Have talked to them twice today and many times in the past. All they do is transfer you from billing to accounts receivable back to billing. Its a fantastic way to waste time and get a headache.
Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.