Shop Now, Avoid Delays - Get Our Best Holiday Deals!
Mom2Bry's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sat, Jan 28, 2017 8:12 PM

I'm Just trying to PAY MY BILL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have been customers of ATT since 1999, (Mobile Service) and as soon as Uverse was available in our area we signed up. We have @swbell.net emails SO that tells you how long we have had email service (WITH ATT)!!!!

We recently switched our Uverse to Directv...when the installer came he had to rewire and he told us that we had been using analog cable the whole time when had been on Uverse and we paid for HD service for many years. The change in TV quality is astounding to have True HD. This fact is frustrating but we let it slide because anytime I have had to deal with the customer service at ATT, I spend hours on the phone...going through the automated system, which NEVER has solved a problem. Then on hold for a "Customer Service Rep" which get only so far then they have to transfer us to another department, and they never stay on the phone to give the next Rep the background SO I end up going over the exact same problem to again be put on hold to wait for a Rep that can't help the situation...

That's EXACTLY what happened yesterday!!!!!
When we made the switch to Directv from Uverse (in November '16), the Uverse equipment was disconnected, but we have still been charged for Uverse service. Well, here is the PROBLEM...we still have Internet Service through Uverse, so I get online to pay the internet portion of the NOW PAST DUE balance and I CANNOT make a partial payment for JUST the service that I still have. So I HAVE to call CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND as always I get the automated service that ALSO cannot accept partial payment BECAUSE I HAVE A PAST DUE BALANCE FOR SERVICE THAT I NO LONGER HAVE!!!!!!!! Then I am transfered to the LIVE AGENT,(OH FUN) They explain that if they take my payment that there will be a service fee, but if I use the automated system I will not be charged a fee. After a total of 3 LIVE AGENTS and 1 1/2 hours of WASTED time, I am given the number for "Migration to Directv"!!!!!!!!!!(Hallelujah!!!!) This LIVE AGENT literally made me want to reach out and "Touch Someone"... Her first response was "Did you receive a notice in the mail regarding if you did NOT want to keep BOTH, Uverse and Directv to do nothing and you will receive further instruction?!!!" I said "Yes, I did but I'm being charged for Uver..and was cut off by her saying "You will be CREDITED!!" I said well, "When will I be credited because I cannot pay a partial payment on the account?" and she said "it may be 2 more billing cycles!!!"
Then she said "I will transfer you to billing and they can take your payment" I HAD JUST TALKED TO BILLING!!!!!!!!! but I was back to talking to them again AND once again had to explain my problem & her response was well if I take your payment you will be CHARGED A SERVICE FEE, but after she heard the (slight frustration) in my voice, she looked at the account and I SWEAR TO GOD she said, "Well your Uverse service is about to be suspended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" really...Really...REALLY?????!!!!!!!! and again I believe she could hear the (slight frustration) in my voice, so she put me on hold........................................................but when she came back on the line she said, "OK, I have put a hold on the suspension, and you can pay the internet portion of your bill ONLINE.... and it starts all over...
I wish that the right hand KNEW what the left hand was doing,  AT&T...We have been looooong standing Customers, have never jumped back and forth except to a New Service that your Company offers...and the ONLY thing that we get in return is a LEVEL OF FRUSTRATION, BEYOND WORDS...Oh and we get to be at the front of the on hold line when we have to call customer service for MOBILE SERVICE...thanks for that... 
Signed a Sincerely Frustrated Customer

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

5 y ago

Hey @Mom2Bry,

We have sent you a private message and look forward to working with you to get this sorted.

ATTU-verseCare

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y ago

No my issue is not resolved, I replied to the private message with name, account number etc. as requested but have had no response & my new bill that I just received is still incorrect...
JefferMC

ACE - Expert

• 

25.7K Messages

5 y ago

@ATTU-verseCare and/or @ATTDmitriyCM, can you see what may have happened with Mom2Bry?

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.9K Messages

5 y ago

Hello @Mom2Bry

I'm very sorry you're issue hasn't been resolved yet. I just checked and I see that ATTU-verseCare sent you another message today. Please make sure to log back into the Forums to reply to their private message, they will need to schedule some time with you when someone can call you to help you with your account.

@JefferMC Thank you for the heads up!

Dmitriy

JazzAzz

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

5 y ago

Don't feel bad. I am a retiree, over 17.5 yrs. now who just on the 23rd, left the tariffed, LANDLINE/DSL side and went with Uverse intenet & digital voice, which I really love this instead. Anyway, you would think that they'd know to terminate the one service, with the start up of the other>>>>NOPE. They act like those are two different companies, so I was adviced (Since I am on auto pay) to call them back after the Uverse turnup, making sure the landline side is shown to be gone, so as to not be double billed. Guess what, they got the billing so messed up, that two different billing people could not get it correct.

I finally went in to the ONLINE site for the OLD, figuring out what was going on. Tried calling last Fri, but their system was down as it too often is (They must use their own Internet service>>LOL). Told I'd be called back within 1/2 an hr. as soon as it came up. GUESS WHAT no call. Gave up for a week, till this morning, calling again to ask another question concerning the final partial month money owed, which I agreed with. The REP saw something totally different than I saw, and said herself that they screwed my billing  so bad, that she just credited that last partial month owed down to ZERO owed. YEAH RIGHT, we'll see in a day or two, what it says when I check online AGAIN>>LOL LOL 🙂

GOOD LUCK, you'll need it. And I'm a retiree. I really really feel for the regular customer 🙂

JazzAzz

Scholar

• 

98 Messages

5 y ago

P.S. One more one, as Duke Ellington used to say. When I went into the online site for the LANDLINE/DSL acct. there was this big warning IN RED, with an explanation mark, saying, "Service has been canceled do to back owed amount!!"

1) They didn't cancel it, because I terminated that side, going to the Uverse side 2) I was not behind in paying, because it was on AUTO PAY out of my savings acct. AND was properly debited on the last due date, Feb 2nd, for the previous full month. Only amount owed was the final PARTIAL month, due to be auto debited Mar 2, but she said forget that, I am crediting you for that. Like I said, WE'LL SEE>>LOL.

Their billing system is HORRENDOUS, and she admitted that, agreeing too 🙂

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.