C

• 

3 Messages

Monday, June 21st, 2021 9:43 PM

I live in a trailer and my neighbor and I have the exact same address so I'm unable to sign up for AT&T Internet. Why not?

Hey all.  I need help, please 🙏 I recently moved into a trailer that is divided into two (2) units. I'm renting the smaller half of the trailer and my neighbor is renting the larger half. She is receiving AT&T internet but I am unable to sign up because we have the exact same address. There is no Unit A or Unit B, or any distinguishing between the units in the USPS database. So, when I tried to sign up for AT&T basic internet today, they see her service and unable to set me up as a new customer due to this.

I went to the Post Office and they said there is absolutely nothing that can be done, such as adding "unit 1 or unit b" to the USPS database since this is a trailer.

Is there anything I can do on AT&T's end? Such as adding a splitter or tricking their system into thinking there is a Unit A/ Unit B at this address? I just moved to this trailer and I absolutely need internet . Any recommendations please? Thanks :)

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

3 years ago

Sorry but it's ONE account to each verifiable address. 

Perhaps someone will post with a 'work around' to the one account but there cannot be two different accounts.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Makes sense. 😰  Thanks for replying!

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

Sorry there is no work around other than asking the neighbor to share it and you split the cost. 

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Hi did you ever get this resolved? I’m in a similar situation (just moved to a townhouse that is split into 5 different units - i live in unit C and my neighbor who has wifi lives in unit B) and At&T has been super unhelpful in guiding me. What’s frustrating is that the precious tenant in unit C  had AT&T wifi but now AT&T is saying their internet service isn’t provided at my address.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

Likely they had grandfathered dsl which once disconnected can no longer be ordered. 

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@Constructive would you be able to look at my posted question here? i am incredibly frustrated and would love some guidance. 

https://forums.att.com/conversations/att-fiber-installation/att-wont-recognize-my-addressunit-because-my-neighbor-who-has-the-same-address-but-different-unit-already-has-wifi/637710b80104884f7447e463

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@annielee517 I ended up getting internet through Earthlink. Funny thing is that EarthLink uses AT&T wiring and AT&T does the installation. So although my Internet bill was paid to Earthlink, AT&T were the ones that installed it and provided the modem. It's so ridiculous but there was no other way around it. You have to go with another provider ;(

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.