A

• 

1 Message

Friday, November 19th, 2021 10:37 PM

How do I FIle a Complaint For a AT&T Authorized Dealer and AT&T Customer service

Someone in Costco asked me what Internet that I am using. And then began selling the service of AT&T. He asked for my information to check if my community was covered by AT&T service. After a moment then I realized that he was placing an order for me. So I say no, I don't want to change the internet service now.

But after I backed home, I received an email from AT&T and the title is AT&T Order Summary. I didn't sign the order, the dealer signed the order. And then someone come to my house said they were here to install the equipment. My roommate didn't let them in. After that, they sent me the equipment and I got the letter from AT&T to ask me to make a payment.

I called AT&T customer service and explained everything to them, they said I just need to return the equipment and they will cancel the service and I do not need to pay. But today, I received a letter from Credence Resource Management, the debt collector company, it asks me to make a payment to AT&T. I had no choice. I had to pay for a service I didn't use

This is a really bad experience. And what the dealer did is completely illegal, how should I complain? I was thinking about switching to AT&T service when I move again, but I won't now because the customer service is really bad!!!

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

2 years ago

File a complaint with the BBB and possibly Costco as well. Authorized Resellers are not AT&T employees. They are independently owned and operated and some will do just about anything to make a sale. If what they try to sell you or offer you as a promo has to be listed on the AT&T site, otherwise AT&T will not honor it. And, unfortunately, any issue that arises you will have to take it up with the reseller at Costco.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

2 years ago

You did not have to pay the collector.  You should have asked them for proof of debt.  You could have called the police when the incident first happened and reported fraud on the sales person who created an order you didn't authorize.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.