For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:36 PM

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

These instructions:

If it's just a Yahoo account not linked to ATT in any way, you can change the password on your Yahoo! account by using Yahoo!’s Password Helper wizard or by following these steps:

1. Go to your Yahoo! Account Security Info, where you can change your password or remove your security questions.
  2. Click Account Security.
  3. Click Change password.

Enter and confirm your new password and click Continue. You will receive a confirmation appears.

1. Click Continue to finish.

Do not work. 

iris

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Were you able to change your password? If so, how? I’m having the same issue

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I am having similar problem - I have had yahoo account before AT&T. They (AT&T) merged my yahoo account without my permission. It was done in the DSL days with sbcglobal.net

I have tried in vain to change the password through regular att account and sbcglobal.net login (via At&T page ). From the yahoo page - whenever I do change password - it takes me to AT&T website to change password - and that page asks me for log in. I log in with SBCGlobal account (with which the yahoo account is supposed to be linked) - I can log into sbcglobal.net account but cannot into yahoo mail. Even if I change the password there - it only changes the password of sbcglobla.net but still cannot log into yahoo email. 

The only way I get access to yahoo email is to clear all browser cache (cookies /history) and then select 'forgot password' link which prompts me for my tel# and sends me an account key. With the key i can directly go to my yahoo email or change password. If I select yahoo email - I am in yahoo inbox but I still don't know the password. If I select change password - it takes me to At&t change password which is no good as it changes password of att account but not of yahoo

I have spend umpteen hrs with AT&T tech support but they are unable to help. Now they say - they can can reset my yahoo account with sbcglobal.net - but they need my DSL account number from 15 years back. Interestingly, I have never left AT&T in last 20+ years. They owned DSL via SBC merger, they upgraded me to different level's at various levels and now I am in AT&T uverse. So the account numbers have changed. 

AND NOW THEY WANT ME TO TELL THEM MY DSL ACCOUNT NUMBER FROM (WHICH I DON'T HAVE ANYMORE - EVEN IRS GOES ONLY 7 YRS - THESE FOLKS WANT ME TO GET ACCOUNT NUMBER FROM 2005). THEY REFUSE TO RESET THE ACCOUNT WITHOUT THIS INFO FROM ME FOR ALL THE NONSENSE REASON - "SECURITY-ISSUE". They (At&t) know the old act is linked with new account - I can give them new actt number but the dumb folks at At&t want old account number. Even SSL works on trust chain. 

NOW with Yahoo with Verizon - I WILL explore moving to Verizon if they can address this issue of yahoo email. I have been with At&t for 25 years - but it seems they have messed up badly. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

EXACTLY the same rabbit hole I went down. I am done with Yahoo.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Completely agree!  We did, finally, find that if you change the password on the AT&T site and then wait a couple of hours the passwords will sync with the Yahoo network and you'll (eventually) be able to login.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Driven to tears 😭 

I cannot reset my yahoo password to the email I’ve used for my business for over 10 years!!! I keep getting bounced over to at&t, or stuck in an endless loop of proving I’m not a robot! I’ve called AT&T and was told that they don’t have access to Yahoo email. Please, can anyone help me?!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm trying to help my mother in law with this issue and changing the password on the att site doesn't change the password on the yahoo site.  The yahoo site is under her email address not her access code or phone number.  Help.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I was hacked and I need to change my yahoo email password. This task should have taken me five minutes, but has become an un-holy quest of epic frustration! I am being sent through AT&T, who wants my UserID, which I don't have, because I don't have an AT&T account or phone number or email! So everything I try fails. I want to change my password so I can stop the hackers and keep my account. And no where does customer service have a contact email.

What a MESS! 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

There is no solution. It is a never-ending rabbit-hole. Walk away before the last remnants of your patience strangle you.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

If you have an ATT U Verse (TV) account and linked your bill with also a phone, you can change your ATT Yahoo password using your TV remote.

Type in 411 on your TV remote.  Arrow down to change password.  You must know your pin number (4 or 6 digits) when you set up your ATT account.

Enter your e mail log in user ID.  Then your pin number.  Be patient while it retrieves your info.  It will return a new pin number.  Write this down.

Now on your computer, use a different web browser.  If you were using Window Edge, log in and use Firefox.  Hold down Shift, Control and delete

keys.  Make sure all the boxes are checked except "password".  Hit enter.  Then go back into Firefox, in the top bar type ATT.Com, go to the sign in.

Type your user ID, then the password you just got from the TV.  If you are successful, you will be able to log in to ATT.net, profile and change to

a new password and get your e mail.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.