For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:36 PM

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I called the ATT Digital Assistance Center at 1-***. I provided the phone number that was associated with the DSL service that I had years ago when I got my yahoo email address that ends in sbcglobal.net. The ATT representative then had me go to att.com where I logged in using my yahoo email address for the user id, and then a 6 digit number that the representative provided for the password. This took me to a special yahoo page where I was able to finally change my yahoo email password.

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I cannot get in to my yahoo mail. When I try to get my password it takes me to ATT  I dont think I have an ATT mail acct.  I have to get into my Yahoo mail

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Agreed!! I have spent hours online, on chat with AT&T and on the phone with AT&T just trying to get my yahoo password reset.  Everytime I click on reset it redirects me to AT&T and trys to make me reset that password instead. IT IS SOOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! No one at AT&T knows how to help me and they just keep passing me on to someone else.  My yahoo email account got hacked and I have to change the password to continue to use it.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I have been trying to understand this, and get some type of support on it:

I just want to change my yahoo email address password but when I try to do so, it keeps changing my At&t account password.

In the meanwhile, my account keeps receiving mailer daemon email of failure to delivery - of emails I have never sent out - so someone has hacked my account, and not sure when or how but I'm doing as much as possible to JUST CHANGE MY YAHOO EMAIL ADDRESS PASSWORD.

And that is all that I need to do, to prevent anything worst. Please help.

Voyager

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Hey all, I've been struggling with this for months like the rest of you. I've got no evidence that my @ sbcglobal .net email has been comprimised, but felt it necessary to change the password anyway. I am still an AT&T uVerse customer, and as we all know, our email is handled by Yahoo. I too had the issue of changing the password on the myAT&T page not changing the password for Yahoo, and having the old password still working there and within Outlook. I tried everything in all of these threads, including multiple calls to AT&T customer service. They felt that they didn't have an issue on their end since it changed the password on both the myAT&T page, and when logging in at ATT.com or .net. They told me to fix Outlook. What's to fix...the old password is working when it shouldn't, and the new password doesn't! Grrrr.....It was maddeningly frustrating that for the same email address, two different passwords were needed, depending on which page or application you were logging in to. Add to that, still not feeling secure because the old password that may or may not have been comprimised is still functional. After sifting through endless forum threads and posts, I stumbled on to a single post earlier in this thread, where it was suggested that the Firefox browser was not communicating properly with the password reset page, and it would not transfer the password change on to Yahoo. Skeptical, I logged out of every logged in AT&T or Yahoo page within Firefox. I then fired up cruddy old Internet Explorer, logged into myAT&T with the most recent of my million password changes trying to fix this issue, changed the password once again. To my suprise, it WORKED!! Immediately Outlook failed to connect to my email setup with the old password, and any Yahoo page required the new password. Popped the new password into Outlook, success! I spent 5 hours today alone working on this, at least 100 hours total, all to find it to be a browser issue...

Hope this helps...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same problem. I cannot unmerge my sbcgobal account from yahoo. Anytime I try to change my yahoo password, the system direct me to  att. First, I tried to call att hope they could fix it, but they said they could not do it, and give me a yahoo support number, let me call yahoo. I called yahoo to reset my password, but they refused me unless I pay $150. They said my email was hacked and need security help, so I cannot change my password unless I pay $150. I said I just want to reset my password and refused to pay $150, and then they end up my call. What a shame!  That is why Yahoo is broke!!! Will never use any yahoo service anymore.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Try to use a different internet broswer. Like IE, and do the same thing, this how I change it, what a suprise!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I tried to login this evening and Yahoo is no longer accepting my password.  I tried to reset, which took me to the AT&T password reset page.  I changed my password but Yahoo still doesn't accept it.  I've tried the old password, new password.  I think the DirecTV / AT&T data merge may be causing issue too.  Can someone contact me about this so I can get it straightened out?  I don't want to publicly post too many details.

Matt

tencati@gmail.com

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

I am trying to sign into my e-mail account.  Yahoo says sign tried to sign in s I have done many times before and it will not let me.  I read the information about problem last August and September.

I have tried to follow the instructions and get not further. 

I closed my bundle account with att. Feb.10, 2017.  I am now bundled with another company.  Could there be a conflict that has caused this.  The Yahoo info indicates it might be caused by the hacking last year.  Please tell me how I can change my password.  I have tried and it does not work.

What do you mean when you say fiber account?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I have the same issue. The steps above for when my yahoo email is NOT linked to ATT does not work.

sigh.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.