erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:36 PM

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Teacher

• 

11 Messages

7 years ago

I tried the Chrome fix in the prior post (eoin1589).  No dice, same issue still, but thanks for the suggestion.  Lots of users here with common experiences (at least in the 2015 and forward posts):

--older sbcglobal.net or flash.net email aliases

--all smart enough to follow the links to change password (which routes you from yahoo thru to the AT&T account services location)

--all see their AT&T password actually change, but the Yahoo mail interface still recognizes the original password only

--(many) hacked thanks to the 2014 breach and seeing their contacts get spammed.

This is a clusterfark of monumental proportions.  About ready to burn down the account alias (it's my wife's secondary address, not mine, that appears to be hacked) and start over.  And if we have to go thru the pain of changing emails registered at all other sites...may as well reconsider using AT&T as our internet provider and change mine too.  ARE YOU LISTENING, AT&T???

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

How do I change my yahoo password if clicking on the "Change your password" in yahoo redirects me to an AT&T site. I do not have an AT&T user name and password and when I attempted to create one it did not "recognize" me as a customer. The only thing that links me to AT&T is my yahoo email. This is very frustrating, why would AT&T screw up this simple password reset funciton. Something that should take 2 minutes to do is now having me post need help requests on all sorts of forums. This is redicoulus.

AT&T please post clear instructions to those of us who do not have AT&T user accounts but are yahoo email account holders. Yahoo is under a hack attack, and all we want to do is change our passwords. You (AT&T) are preventing this.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

I have literally been trying for a year to change my yahoo password because my account was hacked and sends out 200+ Spam emails daily. EVERY TIME that I try it tells me I have to contact SBC, which I do and they tell me that since I do not have an SBC Account they cannot help me! Are you serious?? I'm trying to change my own password! This is absolutely ridiculous! I cannot tell you how many hours I have spent trying to resolve this. Would you please send me a private message also? I need somebody's help desperately. This is so ridiculous, and I have read about so many people having the same exact issues that I have. I do not, I repeat do not have an SBC account. I only have a yahoo email and I cannot change my password… Help!

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

If you find out how to do this through AT&T please help! I cannot tell you how long I've been trying to change my password, I have the same exact issue as you. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

This "solution" at the beginning of the thread shows updated on September 28, 2016.  Guess what.....still doesn't work.  If you click on the Password Helper Wizard and follow the instructions step-by-step, IT STILL KICKS YOU OVER TO AT&T!!!!  I've tried every single recommendation here (browser, everything). STILL DOESN'T WORK. 

COULD SOMEONE FROM YAHOO OR AT&T PLEASE HELP US?!?!  Perhaps contact one of us with password changing issues and let us walk you through our screens?  We are not stupid ( I got flagged word for using another word? Are you kidding me? ).  I would venture to guess that most of us are pretty technically savvy.  WE JUST WANT TO CHANGE OUR FREAKING PASSWORD. Perhaps someone needs to get the press involved on this one. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

Wow, you are having the same exact issues as me. I could not have said it any better myself, literally every word/issue that you're having is the exact same as me. It is so embarrassing because my account has been sending out spam emails to all of my contacts, over 250 emails per day, and I have been trying to change my password for close to a year now. With NO SUCCESS!! I have contacted S BC numerous times and sometimes they even hang up on me, One time I did get a technician that said he would personally work on it to try and figure it out but of course never got back to me. It is beyond frustrating that we cannot change our own password. Please, if you find any resolution to this would you please post an update? Thanks and let's hope that somebody can figure this out.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I was having the same problem where trying to change the password for Yahoo, the new password became effective on my AT&T merged account but the old password was still in effect for my Yahoo Mail.  You can test the AT&T login by going to att.com/myatt.  You can test the Yahoo login by trying to login to Yahoo Mail.

The workaround for me was to use the Forgot Password feature in Yahoo login.  Here is the procedure:

1) logout of Yahoo Mail and close the browser.

2) With a new browser window, sign in to Yahoo ! login with your Yahoo email address but don't enter your password.  Instead click on "Forgot password ?".  You will be redirected to an AT&T web page where you can specify your AT&T member ID and your Last Name, answer your security questions, and then specify your old password and your new password.

3) After your new password is accepted, check your AT&T account login at att.com/myatt.  To check out your Yahoo login, make sure the login is for Yahoo and not AT&T.  You should see the Yahoo ! logo during the sign in.  This was a source of confusion for me because one can also use an AT&T login to get to Yahoo Mail.

This procedure worked for me.  Both my AT&T and Yahoo passwords were changed to the new password.  I have a Yahoo Ad Free account but am not sure if that is necessary.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

"an AT&T web page where you can specify your AT&T member ID and your Last Name,"

That's the problem. This doesn't work.  The only AT&T account I have is a wireless one and it doesn't recognize that I have any email with them. It doesn't even give an option to change email.   When I do forgot password, it prompts me for my recovery options (text, secondary email, etc), sends an account key and then gives me an account I registered for my son and won't even list MY yahoo email address to log into to change. 

If I go to Account Security within my own yahoo email to change password, I click on change password and I get kicked to Uversecentral3.att.com. I put in my yahoo id and password and get  "The User ID and password combination you entered doesn't match any entries in our files."  If I put in my wireless ID, email is not linked. I try to Link an account and it will only bring up the wireless account. I get another error. 

I do appreciate the suggestion. Wish it worked for me.  I can't even shut this account down if I want to. I'm slowly moving everything to another email account that ISN'T yahoo  and hoping I can eventually get this solved so it doesn't send spam out. This is nuts. 

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

7 years ago

OH.MY.GOSH!!  I finally got it changed.  Mine was attached to a sbcglobal.net account.

I will attempt to go through how I did it.  It was kind of a fluke and I have tried to retrace my steps below. 

First, In Yahoo email, go to your Account Information, then select Account Settings. It may show a primary account id that your account may be linked to.  Mine was my husbands sbcglobal.net account from MANY, MANY years ago.  That's the weird part. I didn't log in to his sbcglobal.net account to change it.  Somehow in all the clicking around, I found that I had a different sbcglobal.net account. THAT was the one I used to log-in to myat&t with my Yahoo password. Make sense?  No, I didn't think so but that is what happened. 

After I figured out what the sbcglobal.net address was, I went to att.com, clicked on the myAT&T tab, typed in my sbcglobal.net  email that it may be linked to and put in my yahoo email password. I was in (pick me up off the floor please).  I then chose myAT&T accounts. I selected Change your AT&T email password, then clicked on Change your login password now. Clicked on Change It. It took me to MyAT&T login page.  I put in my sbcglobal.net email with my yahoo email password.  It brought me to the Edit AT&T Access ID Information.  I put in my current password and then a new one.  It may ask you to put in some additional security questions and answers for future reference.   Then it was done.  I went to log in with my yahoo email address and the new password worked!!!

If you had someone prior to AT&T purchasing Yahoo (i.e. another ISP), then this link  may be helpful too. 

Good luck!  There have been many people that changed it in many different ways.  I hope this was able to help someone else.  It certainly wasn't straight forward. The internet gods just happened to shine down upon me today. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

This doesn't work. I have already reset my password twice and neither time does it update my Yahoo email log in password, but only the My att website account. This really sucks because I just received a notice from Yahoo that my account was hacked and I need to change my password, BUT I CAN'T CHANGE MY PASSWORD BECAUSE THE PROCESS YOU AND YAHOO POSTED IS NOT ONLY INACCURATE, BUT IT DOESN'T WORK!

[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.