erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:36 PM

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Yes, and that's why I can't log in to the att website anymore to change the password.  And somehow I can't decouple the account even though I've had this yahoo account before I joined att.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@yeahooo wrote:
Yes, and that's why I can't log in to the att website anymore to change the password.  And somehow I can't decouple the account even though I've had this yahoo account before I joined att.

IIRC, can only unmerge the Yahoo accounts when you no longer have Uverse, must be done w/in 60 days of cancelling. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

So what is Yahoo email support's contact number. Everything I find shoots me to AT&T. 

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

8 years ago

@monkeyboymama   Get human has one, can't post it here. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I attest the same frustration for years now and then my iPhones could somehow sync a yahoo/or att password for me due to the iPhone service. (still unsure how that process works) now I'm a Android user and I want back my account. I had yahoo prior to the merger. I think I'm in the right place can I be help educate? Me

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

@mibrnsurg wrote:

@monkeyboymama   Get human has one, can't post it here. 😉

Chris

Okay, now I am curious, Chris...   why can't we post the number?

Granted, for whatever reason, Yahoo does not seem to want to privide it, but that is not the same as the number being a secret, or anything.

Intreresting.. just as a lark, I tried get human, and even they say, Yahoo does not seem to have a working customer support phone number.   Weird.. but they do privide steps you can use to TRY and get your issue responded to. (Note: I did NOT say "fixed")

Here is the link on get human for yahoo, if you want to try your luck.

https://gethuman.com/phone-number/Yahoo

I have no clue if the numbers listed in this link are for real or not.. use them at own risk:

http://www.800-numbers.net/yahoo/

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I need to change my yahoo acccount password because it has been hacked and it seems that it is linked to an ATT account which I no longer have. Please help!!!! I will need to close my yahoo account if I do not resolve this issue. I've tried for days now to fix this and no luck. Thank you

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

8 years ago

This is NOT solved. It is not an AT&T email. It's a yahoo email PRIOR to the AT&T purchase that none of us can change passwords on the account. Someone else stated to contact yahoo email support.  It doesn't exist  or at least there is not a posted number anywhere (have searched like crazy) 

One person on this thread has been hacked and can't do anything about it. This is insane.  Someone please help us! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Changing my AT&T account has never changed my YAHOO password. SO, now that my YAHOO account has been hacked and I need to change the password, what do I do?

This is a fiasco.  Someone needs to fix it so people can change their YAHOO password without so much rigamarole. 

I've been a FAITHFUL AT&T customer for years, although right now because of the riduculous "promo" options not offered to faithful customers, my sister has the UVERSE in her name and I have the wireless accounts.  

This YAHOO thing though is enough to drive me nuts. And I'm an Ed Tech instructor.

Glenda

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Ok,  here is my situation as of today, I had ATT DSL and then wireless few years ago and just like everyone else my yahoo e_mail account was merged with AT&T.  And I was never able to change my e_mail password because AT&T only have my old account information which was no longer valid and onlt AT&T can update it.  Bad enough last week I got hacked by some malware that stole my password and sending spam emails to all my contacts plus some additional ones on their list.  I used top three virus, malware scanners can't find anything. Then I relaized that my e_mail password are hacked.  Thus, I have to call AT&T for help, I was lucky enough to call 1-877-312-5550 and a lady is able to help me out(yes, I beg nicely), I just went straight to her on the things that I have tried and provided her all the old account information(yes, I still have it) and she was able to verify that I am me and send me a temporary password so I can reset it myself and she is also nice enough to update my old account information so I can do it myself 30 days later(I don't know why but my guess is it has to do with yahoo's online site) in case the same bad thing happen again.

I guess I am the lucky one able to reset my password from my old sbcglobal.net accout that also reset my yahoo account.  Just one small thing I remember for people said that they reset their sbcglobal password but can't login to yahoo mail, you might want to refresh your browser, I got it working after refresh the web site second time.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.