erick_m's profile

Mentor

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, January 15th, 2013 8:36 PM

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

How do I change my Yahoo email password?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

If your email address is linked to your AT&T Access ID, changing your AT&T Access ID password will automatically change your email password and vice versa.

For additional help on changing you AT&T Access ID, please refer to How to Reset your Email Password using myAT&T for a step-by-step walkthrough of the process.

If it's just a Yahoo account not linked to ATT in any way, you can change the password on your Yahoo! account by using Yahoo!’s Password Helper wizard or by following these steps:

1. Go to your Yahoo! Account Security Info, where you can change your password or remove your security questions.
  2. Click Account Security.
  3. Click Change password.

Enter and confirm your new password and click Continue. You will receive a confirmation appears.

1. Click Continue to finish.

Note: You may experience fewer account security issues if you choose a strong password. See these tips for creating strong passwords.

Finally, if you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I've been trying to log in to my AT&T email account, but I received this error message:

You can no longer log in with the User ID you entered. Our records show that the home phone account for this User ID has been cancelled. (SFPWD45)

What can I do to access that account or sever the link between AT&T email and Yahoo! email.  I would like to keep my Yahoo! email address.

Tutor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

What a royal mess ATT has made of my yahoo account.  I was a Yahoo user long before the un-holy alliance with ATT.  I'm trying to update my yahoo password but need to do that through ATT.  I just need to figure out which of the 3 ATT loggins they require me to have is link to my yahoo account, which they forced me to do.  On top of that I'm required to join this (^*&^(*$% community!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @An-fing-mess ,

I am sorry about the issues you are having with your E-mail, but thank you for joining the community. We would be glad to help get this resolved for you. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information so be on the lookout for it.

-David T

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

Holy cow.

I have to second the sentiments above - all I want to do is help my dad reset his AT&T Yahoo! password (so he can access his email on his phone and in Outlook) and the best you jokers can do is provide a link to a page that I don't have permission to access even after signing up for a "community" that I have zero interest in being a part of?

Wow.

[word filter avoidance]

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

9 years ago

I'm having this exact same issue.  All I want to do is change my Yahoo email password that I've had for years and many years before AT&T allilance/buyout/whatever of Yahoo.  I go to the password change and it takes me to MyATT.  That log in is my wireless number and has nothing to do with the yahoo email account.  

I'm beyond frustrated as I've been trying to change the password FOR YEARS and can't do it.  I need to change it!!! 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I also am having a great deal of trouble changing my pass wors.  I am not linked(i don't believe) to any other ATT accounts.  Please help me change my password.  Thank you

Tutor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am linked to AT&T via yahoo email. I have changed my at&t password but still doesn't work on yahoo whats up with this mess.

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

8 years ago

ATandT e-mail is hosted by Yahoo servers. 

For the most part, Yahoo manages the day to day operation of ATT e-mail accounts.

Yahoo also hosts its OWN domain e-mail accounts.

(Would not suprise me to find out, they host others as well.)

My point is, the two domains, though hosted by the same servcie, are seperate.

There used to be an option to merge ATT and Yahoo accounts together, but am sure, that is no longer done.

There are metheds for un-merging combined ATT and yahoo accounts, and they work with varying results.

To properly resolve your issue, you need to determine, definativly, is the account ATT, or is it Yahoo?

If it is yahoo, you need to work thru Yahoo tech support for e-mail.

If it is ATT, I can offer the following advice:IF you are an active ATT customer, try the following number: AT&T's web support line @1-877-312-5550, we had other users report good results with them in the past.

if you are NOT an active ATT customer (account in "free" status) then you will have to go thru one of the care teams.

Pick one of there care team links (any will work) and send a message with your name, account, phone, contact email, best time to connect with you, and a message with your needs. Give them a couple days or so to get back with you, and I hope they can help.

U-verse problems, ATTU-verseCare.
Cellular Problems, ATTMobilityCare.
Billing/other problems ATTCustomerCare
Please mark replies as solutions if it fixed your problem. This helps other members find answers quickly.

Good luck

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Our records show that the home phone account for this User ID has been cancelled.???

Ali

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.