For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
ne149ball's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 9th, 2014 3:25 PM

How complicated can it really be???

I called 6/20/14 to get our services (landline & DSL) moved to our new home (1/4 mile up the road from our old home). Aleina told me that would be no problem, the technician would be there on 6/23/14 between 12pm & 5pm to do this. We waited, and no call, no show. At 6pm I called to see where the technician was, and was told by Aleina (whom I happened to get again) that it was scheduled for 7/7/14. I explained to her this was unacceptable, and she said I can get them out tomorrow (6/24/14) between 8am &12pm to do this. Same story, no call, no show, more time wasted.  My husband called, requested supervisors, and everytime, he got disconnected and had to start over. After the 4th time, he spoke with William, and he was supposedly trying to help, then he got disconnected when he was put on hold again. We decided to not deal with the aggravation, and wait until 7/7/14. I called on 7/3/14 to verify we were still set for the technician to come hook up our landline & DSL, and was told by Samantha, yes the technician will be there 7/7/14 between 8am & 8pm. I called again on 7/7/14 to get a better time frame, and was told by Ron that the technician would be there between 2pm & 3:30pm. I also verified with him that our landline & DSL both were on the order to be done, and he said, yes, all of your AT&T services, landline & DSL. The technician shows up, runs our line from the pole to the house, goes to the main box & activates our location, comes back & starts to leave because he's done, our landline works. Explains that someone with AT&T will contact us within 7-10 days to setup coming to bury our line that's laying accross our yard. I explained to him the DSL was supposed to also be done, and he told me it was not on that order, that if I would call & get an order number, that he would smart-chat and get them to give him the job since he was in the area, and he would gladly get it taken care of for me that day. I immediately got on the phone, spoke to Peter, he gave me an order # to do the DSL, so I called the technician back & gave him that #. It didn't show up. Turns out, he gave me the same order # that was just completed for the landline. I called back again, spoke to Mac. I was on the phone with her for almost 2 hours. Had the technician on my cell phone, and Mac on my landline trying to get this issue resolved. She gave me another order #, and assured me that she could get it pushed thru so the technician could get it active on the pole that evening. After almost 2 hours on the line with her, she advised me to call back tomorrow because she couldn't get it done, (this was at 7:15pm). I called yesterday (7/8/14), as she advised, spoke with Danielle, and was on the phone with her for 35 minutes, she informs me there is an order for a technician to come out on 7/15/14 concerning DSL. She got Mary on the phone also, she said it was to check & see if the service is available in the area. I asked to speak to a supervisor, then was disconnected, not even transferred! I called back  7/9/14 and spoke to Antonette. Was on the phone with her, I asked to speak to a supervisor so I can get some resolve on my DSL getting hooked up, she declined, said to let her look at my account some more. She ends up telling me that my phone # doesn't show up in her system, and she had to search by address, and said DSL shows as active there.There is no DSL service active there!! Hence the whole reason for still having to call & deal with this trainwreck.Then says she couldn't get it to pull up that way either.  Why did she say it was active when she turned arould & said it's not available. She started lauging, and said ohhh I have to search by zip code not full address.  Then she proceeds to tell me that it's in fact not available in my area & if it were, it was a way slower speed then what I previously had (1/4 mile down the road).She tried to get me to agree to this, and I would not. Again I asked for a supervisor, and she told me they couldn't help me because it's not available. I still have no resolution, no DSL & still haven't been able to speak to a supervisor! All I want is to get my DSL back up & running at my new home & not have to deal with AT&T mess everyday! 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

It can get very complicated. (I do this for a living with another company.) What happened is when your order went through assignment you showed disqualified for DSL so they stripped that portion and processed the order as a straight line.

Right or wrong it's hard to beat. Go check with your neighbors and see who they use. If ATT,get their phone numbers and use them for reference in your dilema and yes,sometimes 1/4 mile does make a difference.

If they offer a slower speed,take it!!!!! It's much easier to argue an upgrade of an existing service.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I called back yesterday evening & spoke with someone else. She had trouble pulling the initial order up because it was never processed. She also informed me the DSL is available!! There was a flaw in their system, there was no "OK" button to click as it said do. She brought in her supervisor & 30 minutes later they manually sent it for processing suposedly. I was assured I would receive a phone call today to set up a time, and that they should do it quickly since this whole nightmare has been AT&T's fault, not mine. We shall see...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.