Horrible Communicatons with AT&T
June 3rd I get a notice from AT&T saying they are raising my nationwide calling plan by $12 per month. I thought, ok, I will shop around. Two days later I get a bill for last month's service and the rate increase is already on it. I really don't need unlimited nationwide because my wife and I have it on our cell phones. Now the frustration starts:
1. I try and try on the website to access my account to downgrade it but it seems every time a new page loads I have to re-enter my name and password again. Finally I see the fine priint that you cannot downgrade or disconnect service on-line.
2. Next day I call AT&T to downgrade service. Long waits as I'm put on hold multiple times. I rack up 28 minutes of cell time on my luch hour. I'm given several options, choose one, and then I'm told it's not available in my area. It turns out I only have one option so I take it but I'm not happy with it.
3. I get home and start researching home phone options on AT&T's website putting in my area code and number prefix and all kinds of options appear, including unlimited nationwide for less than I had been paying. Is ATT just trying to take advantage of me?
4. Next day I call Customer Service to complain about my rates being raised before getting notice and then seeing lower rates online. The rep in Springfield Missouri laughed (actually she sounded drunk) and said "that's not right" took my information and said "I'll put you on hold to see what promotions are available" twenty more minutes on hold and "click". Hung up on.
5. At this point I just want the cheapest phone service available so I can keep my number until I find another provider. I have looked and they all have better rates and the customer service can't be any worse.