Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
JKillinois's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jun 13, 2014 2:24 AM

Horrible Communicatons with AT&T

June 3rd I get a notice from AT&T saying they are raising my nationwide calling plan by $12 per month. I thought, ok, I will shop around. Two days later I get a bill for last month's service and the rate increase is already on it. I really don't need unlimited nationwide because my wife and I have it on our cell phones. Now the frustration starts:

1. I try and try on the website to access my account to downgrade it but it seems every time a new page loads I have to re-enter my name and password again. Finally I see the fine priint that you cannot downgrade or disconnect service on-line.

2. Next day I call AT&T to downgrade service. Long waits as I'm put on hold multiple times. I rack up 28 minutes of cell time on my luch hour.  I'm given several options, choose one, and then I'm told it's not available in my area. It turns out I only have one option so I take it but I'm not happy with it.

3. I get home and start researching home phone options on AT&T's website putting in my area code and number prefix and all kinds of options appear, including unlimited nationwide for less than I had been paying. Is ATT just trying to take advantage of me?

4. Next day I call Customer Service to complain about my rates being raised before getting notice and then seeing lower rates online. The rep in Springfield Missouri laughed (actually she sounded drunk) and said "that's not right" took my information and said "I'll put you on hold to see what promotions are available" twenty more minutes on hold and "click". Hung up on.

5. At this point I just want the cheapest phone service available so I can keep my number until I find another provider. I have looked and they all have better rates and the customer service can't be any worse.

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.7K Messages

7 y ago

Hello @JKillinois 

I'm sorry for the issues with your plan and any frustration it's causing you. I agree, it shouldn't be that hard to find the best plan for your needs and change it if needed. Our team can help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number, account number and the best time you can be reached. One of our managers will be happy to review your options and assist with any adjustments.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question